Just a dream

Okay, yes. I know. Another sad, depressing song. But, this fan fiction is LOADED with feelz! Anyway, click the video and enjoy!

Her long, brown hair drooped in her face and she wore a light green headband that matched her skirt, which was the same exact color. She had a vibrant pink sweater, too. Everything about her was clear and vivid, except for one thing. Her face appeared too blurry for me to make out. I didn't know who this was, but, my heart felt broken from just the sight of her. Suddenly, before I knew it, my voice spoke her name. "Mabel?"

Her image became more clear and I could finally see her face with more clarity. Though she did wear a smile, it was a wicked, crooked, one. With that, the white abyss around us disappeared and drowned into a dark, bloody color. She finally lifted her chin to stare at me, her eyes were a light grey. She aggressively dug her nails into my arms as she grabbed me. "Look what you did!"

All I could do was stand there and I wanted to run so bad. I opened my mouth to say something, but realized I couldn't. My voice was gone. I couldn't say anything, even if I really wanted to. "Look at what you did to me, Dipper!" She hollered in an unstable, shaky voice. It echoed in my head and continued on through the dark abyss. "How could you do this to me?!" She continued to shout. She didn't make it clear to me what I had done, but, I had a feeling she was talking about her infection. She began to shake me as she kept staring at me. I witnessed her hysterical laughter as she yelled.

At last, my body let me move again and I glanced down at my clenched fists, realizing they were drenched in blood. I raised my head again and Mabel was being dragged by multiple pairs of evil, long-fingered, sharp hands. She was screaming out of terror and I suddenly heard the thumping of my heart exploding in my chest. "Dipper, help! Help me!" I began to panic and could feel my lungs burning and heaving for air. Sweat began to creep in as well.

The hands dragged her until they got to a visible, wooden door. I chased after them, which, for some reason, was extremely difficult. "No, Mabel!" I pleaded. "Come back! Please!"

The door slammed shut and a lock on the door's knob clicked it shut. I didn't stop running, but, got nowhere. I was jogging in place. Either that, or the door was becoming smaller and smaller, until it disappeared out of sight. "Mabel! I'm coming for you! I promise!" My voice hadn't echoed as her voice did and I wondered if she had heard me.

As if I thought it couldn't get any worse, two adults had appeared from the dark, red, endless abyss. One was a woman and the other was a man. They looked like a couple, due to how close they stood next to each other. Unlike Mabel's expressive face, they remained emotionless. They stared down at me as they formally walked up to me, drawing nearer and nearer. Also, unlike Mabel, they were silent. With every threatening step that they got closer to me, I backed up another step. That's when I found out who they were. Their faces were blurry, but, I could still recognize them.

"Mom. Dad."

They didn't respond, though I knew it was them. Suddenly, they stopped as I was about to fall off the edge of the abyss. I peered over my shoulder to find I had met the beginning of my impending doom. "Mom! Dad! I - I'm so sorry and...I - I miss you guys so much! Please, listen to me!"

At that moment, they rose one of their arms in perfect sync and pushed me off the edge. With that, I fell. I fell as I heard my cry of painful and utter fear echo. I fell deeper and deeper, until, I hit the bottom. Though, I didn't feel any pain, I did feel my body jolt upwards and found myself under the bridge where I fell asleep. My face was wet with the tears I had cried while I was sleeping. My breathing was heavy, like Mabel's the night when I woke her up from her nightmare. I suddenly felt empathy and sympathy for her. Somewhere out there, was an infected girl who was going through these same dreams. I had no idea that this is what she went through almost every single night.

Once I was able to catch my breath and get my heart to relax, I made out a rustle in the woods. I froze in place and waited for another sound. Silently and cautiously, I reached for the gun I kept close to me. From ten feet away, I saw a shadow. In the light of the moon, the creature made a low growl and stumbled as it walked. My gun made a 'click' as I pulled it back to reload another bullet. The zombie let out a louder, angry moan. I knew it heard me and I didn't care. It ran clumsily towards the direction of the sound, excited.

"Yeah," I shouted at it, intimidating it. "That's right! I'm over here! Come get me, you, infected piece of -" That's when I fired my gun. The booming sound of the bullets being shot, interrupted the rest of my sentence. I fired it a number of times, even after the zombie had fallen to the ground.

After six bullets fired, the gun's trigger stopped pulling back. I had wasted my bullets. The zombie had fallen on its back and continued to holler. My ears were still recovering from the sound of the gun. I ran up to the zombie and struck it numerous times in the head with my gun. My heart was pumping fast and the blood in my veins began flowing at a much quicker pace. I sat on top of its chest, showing no fear and repeated to hit it with the handle of my gun, until its skull was crushed and its brain bled. Even after its last whine, I continued to hit it with fire burning in my eyes and all throughout my body. With the fire, came tears of the memory of Mabel and her ugly bite.

"How dare you take her away from me! She was all I had left! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" I screamed with pure maddening anger. I screamed, until my lungs were sore and my head began to ache. I laid down next to its body and finally sighed from exhaustion. That's when I heard the girl's voice comment.

"You, too, huh?"