"He SHOT Me."

The sharp pain I felt in my left arm was indescribable. My vision immediately began to blur. Ford had shot me. “What are you doing, Dipper? Get out of the way!” Ford ordered as I heard him raise the pistol again.

“STOP IT!” I yelled, adrenaline began to pump through my body. “She’s! Immune!” I used my good arm to point at her mostly healed bite.

Ford lowered the weapon and looked carefully at Mabel’s wound. “Oh, dear.” He mumbled. “Come with me Dipper, you need medical attention right away.”

I tried to take a step but I was overwhelmed with pain, my adrenaline began to fade and I felt nauseous. “Oh no,” Ford said.

My ears began to ring and I faintly heard Stan say, "Ford, the kid just got shot! How can you expect him to walk?"

I felt myself be lifted into the air and hurriedly escorted down the stairs. The pain in my arm every time it was jostled nearly made me black out.

Eventually, I finally felt some pain relief after being set down on a table. Ford was hovering over my wound with some sort of machine that numbed the pain.

“Hold still, I’ll have you better in no time,” Ford told me. I looked around and tried to figure out where we were. I had never seen this part of the house. The rocky walls implied we were somewhere underground. Various machines and other strange sights were all over the large secret basement. At the back of the room was some sort of massive triangle-shaped machine.
I glanced to my right and saw Mabel standing next to the table. “Dipper… I can’t believe that you…”

I put my right hand up. “Mabel, you’re my sister. I’ll do whatever it takes to protect you.”

“So kids,” Ford said, grabbing a tool from another table. “It’s true? Mabel is really immune?”

I nodded, careful not to move my arm as Ford went to work on it. I tried my best to look away. How could he be so casual after trying to kill Mabel and shooting me?

“Fascinating.” Ford awed. He stepped away from me and looked Mabel up and down. “Mabel, could I have a blood sample? Just a small one.”

Mabel nodded and stuck out her finger. Ford pricked it with a needle and went to a microscope before returning to us. “This is incredible! I’ve heard whispers of some who are immune but never did I imagine they’d be living right under my nose!”
“Well, I think we had a good reason to keep it a secret,” I said bitterly.

Ford nodded. “I suppose. But I just might be able to engineer a cure for this virus, or at least find out what makes this whole thing tick!”

I felt rage bubbling up in me as Ford wrapped a bandage around my arm.

"There you go, Dipper. You should be alright as long as you’re careful.” He turned to Mabel with a giddy grin. “Now, Mabel, we have many tests to run!”

“Oh no, you don’t.” I snapped, sliding off of the table and standing between Mabel and Ford. “You’re not going to do anything to her! You shot me! Are you insane?”
Ford frowned. “Dipper, it was a simple mistake, I thought she was infected.”

“How did you even find out?” I narrowed my eyes, not backing down.

“She told me about it!” Ford threw his hands up. “What was I supposed to do, Dipper?” He demanded.

“Not shoot her? Do you think she told you for no reason?” I exploded.

Mabel whimpered. “Dipper…” She said.
I whipped around to face her, she looked terrified. “Mabel, we can’t stay here. They’re just like everyone else. Too afraid to even think straight. We’re leaving.”

Mabel shook her head. “No! Dipper! I’m not going to let more people die if we can stop it right now! He can make a cure.” Mabel insisted.

I was taken aback. “You know why I had to save you from that camp? They wanted to ‘make a cure’ too. But it was going to kill you, Mabel! I’m not going to lose you!”

“What do you mean camp?” Ford asked. “Dipper you’re being irrational!”

I clenched my fists. “You shot me! A child! How can you call me irrational?” I spat.

There was silence after that, we all stood there for a few seconds. Ford’s hard glare softened and he sighed. “Dipper...I-”

“Guys!” Stan shouted as two elevator doors opened. “There’s a bunch of FBI agents outside, what’s going on?”

Ford rushed over to a computer and pulled up a surveillance camera and outside. Dozens of armed agents had the shack surrounded, but they weren’t the only ones there.

Piper, Chief Vicky, and the rest of the camp were outside of the Mystery Shack too.