Chapter Five

Hi everyone!

Thanks to everyone whose been reading so far!

Enjoy! :)

-

"Mind if we sit with you guys?" Calum asked and Jess smiled and invited us, she moved over to sit next to Ashton so me and Calum could share a booth. By the smile on her face Im sure she was happy about that.

I ordered a soda and so did Calum. You could feel the awkward tension in the air and I just sipped my soda. Just looking at Ashton made me angry, and I'd hate to admit it but upset. I was really looking forward to spending time with him, the real him. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Calum putting his arm around me. I gave him a smile. I saw something flash in Ashton's eyes, I silently cheered. I hated myself for it but part of me wanted him to have a bad time for blowing me off.

"So how have your classes been Renna?" Jess said and gave me a fake smile.

"Good." I said and took a sip of my soda so she couldn't ask me anymore questions.

It surprised me that Ashton hasn't been talking and making rude comments by now.

"Wow Ashton, you have been quiet." I said, challenging him. I slipped some venom in my words that would only be noticeable to him.

He just shrugged. Then Jess leaned into him and he brushed the hair off her cheek. Anger burned in my stomach and I had the sudden urge to yell at Ashton and kick Jess. Ashton gave me a smirk.

"Calum, why did you invite Renna to dinner?" Ashton asked.

"She actually asked me to go somewhere." Calum said and smiled at me.

"Thats desperate." Jess mumbled and the way Ashton was hiding his laughter I knew he set that up so Jess would say something about me.

I bit back my rude comment and decided to take a more polite term. It hurt me but I wasn't going to let them get to me.

"Why is it desperate to invite a friend to pizza?" I asked and looked Jess in the eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a waiter bringing the pizza.

While we ate I felt bad for not talking to Calum so I made small talk about our classes. Once we all finished we each put some money towards the bill. I walked outside with Calum.

"I had a really fun time tonight." Calum said.

"Me too." I lied.

"Maybe we can do that again but without Ashton and Jess." He said and I laughed.

"Yeah, I would like that." I said and gave him a hug that was longer than normal.

On the drive home I thought about going on an actual date with Calum. I wouldn't mind it, at least he actually cares for me. I parked in the lot and then walked down the hallway and into my doom.

"Oh my gosh you went out with Calum!" Ava squealed as soon as I walked in.

"Tell us everything!" Kayla said and they followed me as I went to my dresser and pulled out short pj shorts and an oversized T-shirt.

"Can I at least change first?" I asked and they groaned. Once I was changed I sat on the floor with them.

I told them everything, leaving out that me and Ashton where supposed to go somewhere earlier and the part about my quarrel with Jess. When I told them how Calum put his arm around me they squealed and giggled. All the sudden there was a knock on the door and Ava stood up to go answer it.

"Is Ren, I mean Renna here?" I heard Ashton's voice.

Gosh why couldn't he leave me alone.

"Renna, Ashton wants to talk to you." Ava said and sat back down. I got up, suddenly wishing I put on longer shorts. I quickly rolled up my shirt and walked out to the hallway with Ashton.

"What do you want?" I asked and leaned on the wall.

"I just wanted to say sorry for not showing up tonight." He started and I rolled my eyes.

"Save it. I don't want to hear it." I said and walked towards the door but he blocked it.

"Just listen to me!" He said, raising his voice.

"Why? So I can hear you talk about how you ditched me for Jess and acted like a jerk all throughout dinner? How you called me out knowing Jess would say something. Ashton you hurt me, my feelings. But its obvious you don't care!" I yelled, tears pricking at my eyes.

For once Ashton had nothing to say.

"Just leave." I whispered, the tears about to fall. I tried to push past him to get to the door but he grabbed my hands.

"Are you crying because of me?" Ashton whispered. I didn't trust my voice so I nodded.

Ashton cupped my face in his hands and lifted my face to his, trying to make me look at him but I refused and looked at his chest. The pressure was too much and the first tear spilt. Ashton lifted up and caught the tear, right at the eye, before it could fall.

"Ren, look at me." He whispered.

"Thats not my name." I said so softly I didn't know if he even heard.

"Please look at me." He begged and I looked up. Once our eyes locked a jolt of electricity ran down my spine. I know he felt it too, thats why he leaned down and smashed his lips against mine.

Once his lips touched mine I wasn't myself. Our lips moved in perfect sync. I tried to push Ashton away but he held onto my hips, causing the same tingle and I wanted more. He pushed me against the wall, his hand on my hips. My hands where in his hair, pushing his head closer to mine. I craved him now, all I wanted was him. I could tell he wanted me, by the way he pushed my hips to the wall, his lips more forcefully on mine now.

Then it fully hit me what I was doing. I was kissing the guy who made me cry in the middle of a hallway. Using all my might I pushed him off of me and ran to my door.

"Go." My voice came out in a hoarse whisper. "I never want to see you again."

With that said I ran into my dorm room and ran into the bathroom. I closed and locked the door and turned on the shower to drown out the voices of Ava and Kayla trying to talk to me. The hot tears wouldn't stop, crashing onto my shirt.

I can"t believe what happened. I kissed, no more than that, Ashton. The
jerk at the parties, the jerk at dinner. But he wasn't a jerk when it was just me and him, at least not all the time.

I sat on my bathroom floor, trying to figure out what to do now.

-

Thanks for reading! :)

I really loved writing this chapter despite the fact that Wattpad crashed twice causing me to have to write this chapter three times :/

But anyways thanks for everyone reading and voting! :D

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan