Chapter Twenty Four

Hey everyone! 

Ok so I know ive been a shit uploader but I have three projects and its comp season for cheer so the only free days I have a Friday and Sunday

Please keep reading my Mikey fanfic, it's almost to 100 reads!  

Enjoy! 

-

Veni, vidi, vici.

Why was that damn phrase still stuck in my head? For the past week it's been nagging me for forever. I know I've seen it before but where? I groaned as I pulled the covers up to my mouth. 

"What are you groaning at?" Ava asked from the couch, slipping on her Vans. 

"The world." I responded, the covers not fully over my head.

"Get your ass out of the bed and go out." Ava said as she ranked the covers off my bed. "Ever since last week you have barely done anything but sit in your bed and moan and groan." 

"I havn't been feeling good." I said. The actual truth: I didn't want to go anywhere because the chances of running into Ashton.

"Bull. Why don't you come to the outlets with me and Luke tonight?" 

"No thanks. I don't feel like being a third wheel." I said but then saw Ava's hurt look. "No, I didn't mean it like that. I just want you two to enjoy your date." 

"Well maybe you should invite Calum over? Ashton? He's been different lately too." Ava shrugged her jacket on. 

"Maybe." I said. 

"Well I'll see you later." Ava said as she opened the door. 

"Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't" I said and saw Ava smirk and we shared a laugh. 

And just like that I was alone in the dorm. Ava was right, this entire week I've only been to class and then back to my dorm. It was Friday night and I'm sitting on my bed, in my pajamas, staring at the wall. Pretty sad. I grabbed my phone from the dresser and scrolled though my contacts. I didn't have to get very far until I found the one I was looking for. The phone rang three times before he picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Renna!" I heard a sigh of relief. "Where have you been hiding?" I heard Calum say, the payful tone in his voice.

The pang in my chest reminded me how much I missed hearing his voice, then how much I missed his touch, how much I missed him. 

"Calum, I-" I started but choked on my words. "I've missed you, so much. Comd over please." I said into the phone. 

"I'll be right over."

Click. 

I could have just made a good decision, or an extremely bad one. I got out of bed and threw on black jeans and my Blink 182 shirt. I brushed through my hair, brushed my teeth, and put on my makeup. I looked in the mirror and saw myself, but it wasn't myself. My eyes where dull. For a second my eyes looked hazel. Hazel like Ashton's. My heart fell to my stomach. Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I checked the time. I had spent ten minutes staring in the mirror, feeling sorry for myself. I needed to move on, get a life. 

I walked out to the door and opened it to see Calum. I was surprised to find myself smiling ear to ear. I surprised myself even more when I threw my arms around his neck. His hands wrapped around my waist and everything felt so, so natural. Ive missed how tall Calum was, his strong arms around my waist. I let go and saw him smiling at me, his brown eyes filled with warmth.