Chapter Seventeen

Im not going to write a paragraph on why I haven't uploaded in a while, I was very busy and writing wasn't on the top of list

But almost 10k reads!!

Enjoy :)

-

A week. An entire week without Ashton. It was hell but somehow I managed to not crawl back to him. I was proud of myself for that much. The empty feeling was strong but it started to fade a bit, with help from Calum. I've slowly started to let him care for me, it was a lot easier than pushing him away and pretending I didn't want him.

"Renna?" Calum called from behind me.

I didn't even realize I was staring at a tree, my coffee in between my hands. I was so caught up in my thoughts I forgot I was waiting for Calum.

"Hey." He said as he came up behind me, slipping his arm on my lower back, pushing me closer.

I looked up at him, his hair had grown longer and was a tad bit wavy at the front. His dark eyes had a spark in them, a certain light that I couldn't place why it was there.

"Hey." I said back and he bent down and kissed my forehead. Warmth spread all the way from my head to my toes.

The warmth didn't last long, a strong wind blew chilly fall air, blasting my face.

"Lets go before we freeze." I said as I pulled my coat together.

"But your look even cuter with a red nose and red cheeks." Calum teased.

"Come on." I said smiling and grabbed his hand, leading him towards his car.

-

Ten minutes later Calum pulled up to an ice skating rink.

"I cant ice skate." I said as we walked into the building.

"I'll be professor Calum then, mastered in ice skating and qualified to teach." He said and gave me a cheeky smile. I rolled my eyes playfully.

After we paid and laced up our skates Calum led me into the solid ice floor. One hand was on the rail and the other was holding Calum's hand. I was using all my concentration to not fall.

"Ren don't be so scared, Im here." Calum said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Its scary!" I said like a little girl and Calum chuckled.

Suddenly Calum let go of my hand and I almost fell forward.

"Calum!"

"Let go of the rail!" He said from behind me.

"What if I fall?"

"Im right here behind you."

I took a breath and let go of the rail. I almost fell forward but regained my balance. I slowly started to move forward.

"See! You're doing it." Calum said grinning.

"Yeah I am." I said and smiled at him.

After a while of skating on my own my speed picked up. Then the rink turned shades of pink and a voice over the rink called 'couple skate'.

"Mind if we skate?" Calum asked me.

I took his hand and we skated in rhythm to the soft music. Soon the sound of our skates hitting the ice made a song in my head. It was soothing and simple. I soon lost myself and wasn't even concentrating on the way my feet fell. I soon realized it was because I felt safe with Calum. I knew if I was to fall he would catch me.

Too soon the song ended and we pulled up to the exit.

"What a great way to end this skate." He said and then lead me out.

"Too bad we cant stay longer, I have to go to the studio and write some songs with Mikey." Calum told me as we returned our skates and walked back out to his car.

-

I walked down the hall to my dorm, closing my eyes as I pasted the part that Ashton kissed me. I opened the door and Ava, Luke, and Kayla where sitting on the couch.

"Hey guys." I said as I placed my bag on my bed.

"Hey." They all said and looked at each other like they knew something I didn't.

"We're going to the mall later, want to come?" Ava asked.

"Sure." I said.

Then I heard the bathroom door open. I turned around to see Ashton walking out. I must have looked like a deer in headlights. He looked back at me, just as surprised. 'His eyes where more amber today' a voice in my head told me. I had to stop, no more Ashton.

I swallowed a lump in my throat and turned my attention back to Ava.

"Yeah I'll go. Just let me fix my hair." I said as I walked to the bathroom, pushing past Ashton.

I caught a whiff of him, the smell that has been stuck in my head the past week. Once I was in the bathroom and shut the door, I stared at the sink. Everything I've build up the past week was about to fall down again. But only if I let it. I had to show myself and him I wasn't going to fall back to him.

I walked out the bathroom to find only Ashton in the room.

"The others went to start the car, I decided to wait for you."

I didn't say anything and just grabbed my bag.

"You didn't fix your hair at all."

He noticed.

"I decided it looked fine." I said and walked out the dorm, Ashton following me.

I walked quickly, not leaving any opportunity for Ashton to talk to me. I heard him start to jog towards me.

"Ren." He said and grabbed my wrist.

I spun around and smacked his arm, hard.

"Don't you touch me." I said and glared at him, my eyes dark.

Before he could answer I turned back around and kept walking.

I slid into the back seat, Ashton following. I scooted as close to the window as I could. A heavy tension settled in the car and everyone felt it. I knew Ashton barley took his eyes off of me, I felt him watching me.

My heart lurched. His hair was more curly than usual, my favorite look on him. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from breaking down. Every minute seemed like a year.

Luke finally pulled into the mall parking lot and everyone got out. Kayla fell in step with me and let the others walk in front.

"You okay? With Ashton being here and all."

"Not really but I'll deal." I said and gave Kayla a smile.

"Alright." She said and gave me a reassuring smile.

Once inside we all headed to the food court.

"Luke and I are going to get pizza." Ava said and then they walked off, followed by Kayla.

I decided to go get Panda Express and walked over to the line. It was long and moved slowly.

"Renna." I heard Ashton's voice behind me.

-

Thanks for reading!!

ily all and Ive missed you guys so much!

Next update soon!

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Follow