Chapter Nine

Hey everyone! :)

Wow 250+ reads is amazing!!

Enjoy!

-

I blinked open my eyes and felt Ashton's arms around my waist. I turned my head and saw him sleeping. I was supprised he stayed, didn't give me an excuse on why he had to leave. Maybe he actually regretted what he did. His eyes blinked open and he gave me a dimpled smile.

"Good morning." He said in a sleepy voice.

He pulled me close to his chest and I placed my hands on his chest.

"I thought you where going to be gone." I said and looked up at him.

"Nope Im here." He said.

"I need to take a shower." I said and tried to wiggle out of his arms but his grip tightened.

"No, stay with me." He begged.

"No! I need to take a shower." I said and giggled.

"You're not going anywhere." He playfully growled and his grip tightened, pulling me close. He lifted my head to his and brought his down.
Our lips touched and the fire spread. He tried to kiss me again but I took my chance and rolled out the bed. He gave me the death stare and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I told you I had to shower." I said and grabbed clothes. His glare followed me until I reached the bathroom and shut the door.

Once I showered I pulled on jeans and a gray tank-top with a button up black cardigan. I wrung out my hair and brushed it and left it down. I did my makeup and walked out of the bathroom. I checked my phone, I had a text from Calum asking if I would get coffee with him.

"Hey Ashton do you mind if I go to coffee with a friend?" I asked and he shrugged.

"No, I have plans with Luke at twelve. What coffee place are you going too?" He asked.

"Just the one on campus." I said, I was surprised he didn't ask who I was going with.

"I can drive you."

"No, I can walk. You need to go home to change and stuff for your plans." I said and put on my shoes.

"I'll see you later Im sure of it." I said and gave him a smirk. I grabbed my phone and sent Calum a text I would be there soon.

I walked to the door and before I opened it Ashton walked over and surprised me with a kiss.

"Bye." I said and gave him a smile.

-

"Hey!" I said as I walked up to Calum. The chilly air blew my hair back.

We stepped in line and quickly got our coffee and say back down.

"So, are you and Ashton a thing?" He asked.

I really didn't know. Where we? We never did anything public. I puzzled over it.

"I... Don't think so." I finally said and I saw Calum let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you guys like each other then?"

"Calum, I really don't know. Im sorry if I lead you on. I really do like you but Im just not sure yet." I said, hoping he would understand.

"I understand, I guess. Just think about it, please. I can treat you right and I really like you." He said.

"You know what, I will think about it." I said and meant it.

"Thank you. I have to go now." He said and stood up. Before he left he gave me a kiss on my forehead and walked off.

I leaned back in the chair and looked at the sky. I really didn't know anymore. I liked Calum, a lot but I don't have the same fire I have with Ashton that draws me to him. But Ashton has hurt me , a lot and he could do it again. Calum could be my rock, the one that keeps me grounded.

This was all too much to take in. I sighed and got up and threw away my empty coffee cup. I wanted to make the right choice but the right one wasn't clear. I needed to clear my head, instead of walking back to my dorm I walked around the campus.

The chilly air helped clear my head and I enjoyed just looking at the scenery and the people. I sighed, I really needed to think about Ashton and Calum. It drove me crazy, I didn't know what do to. My phone buzzed ripping me away from my thoughts.

'Hey, its Ashton. Im coming to get you at the coffee shop. Be there in ten minutes.'

I turned around and headed back to the coffee shop. How did he get my number? I shook my head, he probably got it from Ava or Kayla. I finally reached the coffee shop again and saw Ashton leaning on his car.

"Hey." I said and smiled.

"Hey." he said with no emotion.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I opened the door and sat down.

"Nah." He said as he slid into his seat. I hated when he got like this, I could tell something was wrong and he wouldn't tell me.

"Really? It seems like something is wrong." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I said nothing! Just drop it already!" He yelled.

I looked out the window, trying not to let my anger get the best of me.

"Im sorry. I knew you where trying to help me." He said and placed his hand on my thigh. I sighed and looked at him.

"I really am." He said.

I gave him a half smile and decided to change the subject.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"My place."

"Oh."

I guessed he lived in an off campus house or apartment. I never knew what type of place he lived in, I guess I would figure out. Ten minutes later we where pulling into an apartment complex parking lot. The parking lot had a gate so I was guessing this place was semi-fancy.

I rode the elevator up with Ashton to the fourth floor and walked in. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful hardwood floor. When I looked up I was appalled, the living room was amazing. There was a fluffy white carpet, with a stylish black leather couch wrapping around the rug. There was a flat screen TV hanging above a black fireplace.

The kitchen was all stainless steel, except for black cabinets and black countertops.

"Wow, this is amazing." I said and continued to look. I never knew Ashton would decorate as well as he did. The theme of the apartment was black and white, that was easy to tell. I took off my shoes and walked to the couch. Halfway there I almost slipped.

"Watch yourself." Ashton said and tried not laugh.

"Don't laugh at me! Im not used to such slippery floors and my socks." I said and laughed with him.

I sat on the couch and Ashton sat next to me, putting his arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I know who you went to coffee with." He said.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yeah, Calum."

"Is that a problem?" I said breaking from our embrace to look at him.

"Yes it is. You kissed him!"

"So, I've kissed you so does that mean that I should stay away from you?" I said.

"No! Don't ever say that again." He said, his eyes wild.

"Alright." I said and looked at the floor.

"What did he say to you?" He asked, his voice empty.

"He just told me to think about some things." I said.

"What things." He said, his voice somehow putting pressure on me.

"He asked if we were together and I said no. He asked me if I liked you and I said I don't know, because I really don't. Then he asked me to think about being with him instead." I said in a quiet voice.

"And what did you say?" He asked, his voice sounded broken and hurt.

"I said I would think about it." I said, I couldn't bare to look at Ashton.

"Dammit!" He yelled, standing up from the couch. He started pacing, running his hands though his hair. His eyes where wild now, he looked as if he was going to go crazy.

"Did you mean it?" He turned to me.

"Yeah, I kinda did."

His face was now red.

"Fuck!" He yelled and grabbed the table lamp, about to throw it at the floor.

"Ashton stop!" I yelled and got up and stood in front of him.

"Put it down." I said and he did.

"You're the only one who can stop me just by talking." He said.

"And you are the only guy that I despise but I can't stay away from." I said. It was true. Ashton was my drug, I got the little bit that got me hooked and now I needed him, no matter how much I didn't want him I needed him.

He placed his forehead on mine and you could feel the tension between us.

"So you despise me, huh?" He said.

"Yeah I do. But I can't stay away from you." I said and once I said those words his lips came full force on mine.

His hands where on my hips and mine in his hair. Our lips moved in sync and the fire was white hot burning my body.

Ashton broke the kiss, leaving me panting and almost sweating. The fire was all over my body, slowly eating me alive. I wanted more.

Ashton took my hand and led me to his room. Once he flicked on the lights I saw a double bed with sleek black sheets.

"Here." Ashton said and handed me a black T-shirt and black boxers.

I made a disgusted face and at boxers and Ashton laughed.

"Just put them on."

I rolled my eyes and before I knew it my back was turned to him and I took off my shirt. Once I was standing there in my bra it hit me that I was changing right in front of Ashton. I didn't know why I did I just didn't feel the need to go to the bathroom and changed. I slipped on the shirt and boxers and climbed into the bed.

Ashton came shortly after and got in the bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. His head rested in the crook of my neck.

"I can't stay away from you either." He mumbled into my hair.

"Good." I said and closed my eyes. Feeling Ashton's hands around me and his head on mine always comforted me and made me go to sleep a lot faster.

"Goodnight beautiful." He said and kissed my temple.

For once everything felt right with the world. I guess I did choose Ashton over Calum but that doesn't mean we couldn't be friends. I decided to take this moment and enjoy it.

-

Thanks for reading! :)

I really, really enjoyed writing this chapter! Its defiantly one of my favorites so far.

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan