Chapter Seven

Oh my gosh almost 100 reads! Yay!! :D

All my friends read this and think Ashton is so terrible and they talk to me about it and its just so funny

Enjoy!

-

I scooted as far to the window, away from Ashton, has I could. I just looked out the window. There was a tension in the car, not an awkward one just one daring each other to admit whats on our mind. But no one did.

Once we pulled up to the dorm parking lot I got out and slammed the door a bit harder than I should have. I heard another door slam and I turned around to see Ashton follow me.

"I thought you where going to leave me alone now."

"Thats where I lied." Ashton said and couldn't keep the grin off his face.

"You're unbelievable." I said and walked down my dorm hallway. My cheeks heated as I walked past the spot where we kissed. I quickly unlocked the door and walked inside. I grabbed pjs and went into the bathroom to change. Once I came out Ashton was on my bed.

"Can you get off? Im trying to sleep." I said and stood their with my arms crossed.

"Come here. Please." He whispered. Part of me wanted to run to him and the other part wanted to be cold and shut him out. I didn't want to keep playing this cat and mouse game with him.

"Please." He begged and I let my arms drop. I quietly padded to the bed and laid down, facing him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. His touch sent a burning flame this time, not just a tingle. I got a taste of him and I wanted more.

My head was on his chest, his arms around my waist sending a constant burn to my body. His sent filled my lungs and the more I breaths I took I still couldn't get enough.

"Why do you do this to me?" I whispered.

"Do what?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Everything. We've been going back and forth and I don't even like you."

"I don't like you either." He said and when I looked up he was smiling.

"But you're just so hard to keep up with. You kiss Jess, then get mad when I kiss Calum, then this. I can't keep up with you much longer." I mumbled into his chest as he pulled me even closer to him.

"Do you like Calum?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, but I think its mainly just as a friend. Do you like Jess?"

"No not really. Shes fun to hook up with but thats about it." He said and I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Oh."

"What?"

"Nothing." I said shutting him out.

"Did you like our kiss?" He asked, looking down at me and moved the hair from my forehead.

"Yeah I did." I admitted.

"I can do it again." He whispered in my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

"Not now, but I'll take you up on it tomorrow." I said and gave him a smirk.

"Playing hard to get, eh." He said and smiled at me.

"No, Im just tired." I said smiling and putting my head back on his chest.

"Goodnight." He said and kissed my forehead, spreading warmth all throughout my body.

He was so different when we where alone. It was almost as he actually cared for me. I kept coming back to him, I always came back.

-

I woke up the next morning cold and alone with no one next to me. For a second I wondered if I imagined Ashton but his sent on my pillow changed my mind. I got up and shut the alarm off on my phone and saw a slip of paper. I unfolded it, it was a not from Ashton saying he had a class at eight this morning. I wasn't sure weather or not to believe him but I hoped he was being honest with me.

I took a quick shower and sleep on jeans and a sweater. I left my hair down and put on my shoes. On my way to the coffee shop I met up with Ava.

"Are you busy tonight?"

"No. Why?"

"Well Kayla and I are going to some club and was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Is all you guys do is party?" I asked and she laughed.

"No! Actually 5SOS is playing tonight so we always go where they preform. Luke thinks I'm a good luck charm." She said and smiled.

"You guys are too cute!" I said and she blushed.

"Thanks."

She didn't bring up anything about me and Calum so maybe he hasn't said anything about our kiss. We went to our separate classes. I didn't see Ashton at all which gave me a bad feeling in my stomach, maybe he was lying.

On my way back to my dorm I got a text from Calum. It asked if I was going to the performance tonight. Seeing him texting me was like a stab of guilt. I felt like I was using him. I quickly replied and then stepped into my dorm.

I changed into black skinny jeans and a white shirt. I slipped on my black vans and brushed through my hair. I fixed my makeup to look a tad bit edgier.

Ava and Kayla where in the main room, wearing their outfits from the first performance. The drive there was quick and fun, we all sang along to the songs on the radio rather loudly and were laughing so hard.

Once inside the club my jaw dropped open. There was barley any lights except the multi colored strobe lights and the lights flashing coming from the dance floor, where most of the people where. There was black floors and black walls, all splattered with neon glow in the dark paint.

Michael met us at the entrance and walked us to backstage. Once in there all the boys, even Ashton were singing on the too of their lungs. They didn't notice we were here yet and I grinned as I saw Ashton standing on the couch singing. Once he saw me standing in the doorway he burst out laughing, his dimples making me melt inside. Once he finished laughing he walked to his bag for a second and pulled something out and then walked towards me.

"I got you something." He said.

"Really." I asked and raised my eyebrow.

He handed me a white T-shirt that had the 5SOS logo on it. I saw he was wearing the same one.

"I thought if you where going to come see me preform then you should wear the shirt."

"Thank you." I said and headed to the bathroom to change. Once I did Kayla whisked me to the dance floor because it was time for their performance.

I danced along to their songs with Ava and Kayla and had a great time. When they finished I screamed until my throat hurt. Walking back to the dressing room someone touched my shoulder. I turned around, it was Ashton". He slowly closed me in the dark corner.

"Still want that kiss?" He smirked and I nodded.

"Maybe I can give you a backstage pass." He said and I raised my eyebrow at him.

I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled is face towards mine. My lips touched his and the fire burned through my entire body. His body pressed up against mine, pressing me further into the wall corner. His hands where on my back, mine on his neck pulling him close. After another minute of this I pushed him off gently.

"Lets get back before someone thinks anything." I said and walked back to backstage. I turned around to tell Ashton someone but I notice he wasn't there.

I walked back down the long hallway and looked for him. I called his name but he didn't answer. Where was he? I walked back to the main room and headed to the bar, he wasn't there. I checked the food stand, not there either. I rolled my eyes and decided to stop looking for him, I wasn't going to waist my whole night looking for him.

I decided to go on the dance floor and dance for a bit. Once I was on there and found a spot where I wasn't suffocated by people I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around to see Ashton letting some girl with bright dyed red hair grind on him. I blinked, this couldn't be true. I kept watching and once she finished he pulled he close and purred into her ear

"I can give you a backstage pass."

She giggled and he pulled her closer. He gave her an open mouth kiss and she surely didn't mind that. I felt like I was going to be sick. There was a lump in my throat and tears welled in my eyes. I turned around and pushed past all the people to get off the dance floor. I walked outside the club as the tears began to fall. I hate Ashton, he was just using me for his sick little game. A game that I wasn't going to be a player in any longer.

I took out my phone to call a cab but the number had the busy signal.

"Fuck!" I yelled and slumped to the ground.

I stayed out there in the chilly air for what seemed like hours, just staring at the road.

"You okay?" Calum said and sat next to me. I shook my head no.

"How did you know I was out here." I said and continued to look at the road.

"You weren't anywhere else and Ashton was going crazy looking for you. He swore you where inside but I knew you better and I checked out here first thing."

"Please don't let him find me." I whispered, the tears threatening to fall again with just the sound of his name.

"Who?"

I wanted to say his name but I couldn't. My mouth couldn't form the words.

"Ashton?" Calum guessed and I nodded. A couple tears feel onto my lap.

"Renna! There you are!" Ashton called and started jogging toward me.

My pulse got quicker.

"No. No. Tell him to go away." I said and looked at Calum, I hope he could read the panic in my eyes. I don't think I could handle looking at Ashton right now without breaking down.

Calum stood up and jogged to Ashton, met him halfway. I heard their muffled voices. I heard Ashton shout and then Calum yelling sorry to me. I didn't know why until Ashton sat down next to me.

"What's wrong Ren? Why don't you want to talk to me?" Ashton asked, looking at me but I kept my eyes on the asphalt. "Talk to me." He pleaded.

"I saw you. I saw you with that red haired girl." I said, my voice sounding more broken than I wanted it to be. Ashton's face went pale. He finally opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"I don't want to hear any of your excuses. Im getting out of your game before I get anymore hurt than I already am. Just stop messing with me. Don't talk to me unless you have to. Im not playing this game of 'how are you going to hurt me next'. Im just done." I said.

I got up and walked back to Calum. I hoped Ashton would stare at the asphalt for hours instead of me. I wanted him to be hurt instead of me. I knew he wasn't though. He was the puppet master and I was his puppet.

-

Thanks for reading!! :)

Almost 100 reads I'm so excited!

Next part soon!

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan