Chapter Twenty Two

Hello everyone! 

I know this part is way overdue but I have had three games this week and I finally have no homework tonight. This is my last week of school before the holiday break so during the break I wil upload a ton more! 

Please keep reading my new Michael fanfic!

Enjoy!

-

I woke up the next morning on Ashton's couch. I moved my neck to see the clock and a sharp pain hit. Crappy pillows do that to you. I finally turned my whole body to see the clock, it was eight in the morning. Last night slowly came back to me, Ashton and I decided to watch a movie and I must have fallen asleep. I slowly got up from the couch and walked around the apartment, it seemed empty. I checked every room, no sign of Ashton. I padded into the kitchen and picked up my phone. I had a text from Ashton saying that he had a class and would be back later. 

I didn't recall him ever having a class on a Friday morning. Maybe he's with Jess or someone new. No, I had to stop thinking like this. Maybe he picked up a new class or was making up a class or something. I had to trust him and stop being clingy. Just something didn't feel exactly right. I shrugged it off and decided to make some breakfast. 

After searching the cabinets for anything that passed as food, I gave up. I decided to make some coffee and just wait for Ashton to get home. I sat back on the couch and dozed off, the smell of coffee beans roasting filling my lungs. Ten minutes later the roaster beeped and I poured myself a steaming cup of coffee. Right before I could sit down to drink my coffee there was a rapping at the door. 

I set my coffee down and went to the door. It was probably Ashton, so I opened the door wide open. Instead of Ashton I saw Calum. He looked like, well shit. His eyes where sunken and red, his back hunched over, I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Even if he hurt me, he was my friend who had helped me so much.

"Calum." I said, my voice soft, my arm reaching out for his. 

He just looked at me and I looked on my floor, biting my lip, I just couldn't look him in the eye. 

"Can I come in?" He asked, his voice hoarse as if he has been yelling.

I hesitated, after all this wan't my house. But Calum was my friend and he's helped me so it's time for me to repay the favor. 

"Yeah, come on." I said and lead him in. "Coffee?" 

Calum just shook his head and stared at the wall. I took a sip of my coffee as an awkward silence filled the apartment. I set my mug down and the sound rung through the walls. 

"Calum."

"Renna." 

We both said at the same time. Calum gave me a backwards glance and I tried to give him a smile but it just turned into a half frown. 

"Renna, I just. I don't know where to start." He said, standing up and walking towards me. 

The same flare of pain when Calum kissed Jess flared now in my chest. I looked back down at the floor, I couldn't meet him in the eye. 

"I know what I did was terrible and I understand if you don't want to talk to me ever again. I woulnd't blame you. I'm really sorry and I can explain why I did what I did. I love our friendship and I don't want to loose you and-" 

I slienced him by giving him a hug. I folded into his arms, my head on his chest and his arms around me. 

"I'm so sorry. For everything." He said as I let go. 

"Just please don't do it again. I can't take it if you're against me too." 

"I'm not and I never was." He murmured.