Chapter Thirteen

Wey hey everyone!

It feels great to finally be back from cheer camp! My legs are just so sore though :(

1.3k reads that is amazing guys! Thanks so much!

Enjoy!

-

I woke up the next morning because the dorm was filled with sunlight. I groaned, my head was pounding, stupid hangover. I slowly slid off the covers and walked to the bathroom. I extended my arm to open the door but it swung open before I could and I jumped back.

"Sorry Ren, didn't mean to scare you." Ashton said and laughed.

Why was he here? I tried to remember last night but all the memories where blurred and fuzzy. Did I do anything with him? Oh god, I hope I didn't do anything. After focusing for a few seconds I vaguely remembered Ashton's fist connection with the random man's face and then going to sleep. I think I would have remembered if I did anything with anybody, especially Ashton. 

"Why where you here last night anyways?" I asked.

"I came to talk to you and I knocked on the door and I got no answer. The door was unlocked so I let myself in and waited for you and you know the rest."

"I think you should go." I mumbled.

"Really? You want me to go after what happened last night?" He said, hurt and anger in his voice.

"Look I never asked you to beat up a random guy because you where jealous." I said, getting angry.

"That's not what Im talking about. You don't remember do you?"

"No I don't so please explain." I said and crossed my arms.

"Im not going to waste my time on someone who cant even remember." Ashton said and grabbed his jacket and turned to the door.

"You know I was drunk as hell last night! Why cant you just tell me?" I yelled and blocked the door.

"Move." He said through clenched teeth.

"No."

"Well Im not going to tell you because you cant even remember and you won't believe me about Jess."

"Are you serious? You're going there?" I said.

"Yeah I am."

"Well if I did all the shit you did to me and then you saw me and Calum, pressed up against a wall really close, and told you I pushed him off. You wouldn't believe me either." I said.

"I said I didn't want to hurt you again."

"Ashton, I have forgave you before and it always ends up in the same place. And what are we even? Im not your girlfriend but then Im not just your friend." I said and he let out a sigh.

"I guess we're nothing then."

"I guess so." I managed to choke out.

A silence filled the room. Before he moved I walked outside the dorm. I walked down the hallway, tears clouding my eyes. It wasn't until I was outside on the sidewalk when I realized how I looked. I was in pjs, no makeup, hair not brushed, and slippers not shoes on. I couldn't go anywhere so I just made a left and walked behind the dorm. I knew a tiny little bench under a tree that no one was ever there. I just needed some space and fresh air.

I finally reached the bench and sat down. I was finally alone with me and my thoughts. I knew Ashton and I where nothing to begin with. We where more than friends but not in a relationship, somewhere in between. I knew all along we where nothing but hearing him say it, putting it out there, changed everything. I guess this game was finally over. I should be happy about that but why does it feel like I've been punched in the chest?