Chapter Twenty One

Okay I have some exciting news!! 

My Michael fanfic is out! Its called 'Breaking Free' and I'm really pumped to continue to write it! Please check it out!

Enjoy!

-

"Renna are you alright?"  Ava asked me as I sat down next to her, in our Literature class. 

"Define alright." I joked, but I only got a half smile from Ava.

"I'm serious." 

"I'm alright I guess. Just tired." I said giving her what I hope was a reassuring smile. 

 Before she could respond our professor walked in and started the lesson. My mind was elsewhere though. It was so much more than just being tired. I felt lonely, I lost Calum, my only friend who I could talk to about Ashton. Yeah I had Ashton, for now, until he got bored again and left me heartbroken. Except this time Calum wouldn't be here to save me. The idea scared me. I was becoming dependent on Calum and I had to stop. I hurt him, I don't deserve him. 

"Renna?" My professor asked with an annoyed look on her face.

"Huh?" 

"I asked for the answer." 

"I.. I don't have it." 

"I thought so." With that said, snickers erupted across the room. Normally I would be embarrassed but today I really didn't care. Let them laugh at something so pointless. 

Not soon enough class was over. I rushed out the door with my head down. I just wanted to get out. Thankfully I only had one class today, I set it up that way to try and make Mondays more enjoyable but this one sucked pretty bad. I unlocked the door to my dorm and stepped in. It wasn't until I walked past my bed, ten minutes later that I noticed Ashton was sleeping on it. I looked at him, his curls sprawled on my pillow, adding the smell I've longed for. He looked so peaceful, like an angel. It was hard to believe he had ever hurt me. Suddenly his eyes flashed open. 

"Ren." He said, a warm smile growing on his face. "You're home." 

"How long have you been here?" I asked and sat on the bed next to him. 

"After you left I went to my class and came back here. No one was home so I just went to sleep. Are you busy tonight?" 

"No why?" I asked, leaning my head back on Ashton's chest.

"Its another Calum party." At the sound of Calum's name my head popped up. 

"I don't think that would be a good idea right now." I said, biting my lip. Then I remembered Jess would probably be there too, I couldn't take that.

"We are preforming and I want you to come see." He pleaded, I almost said yes but I controlled myself. "Please." He said, and looked at me with his eyes so softly. Damn he's good. 

"Fine." I groaned. He smiled triumphantly, he knew how to play me. 

Only Ashton could get me in a car, going off to a party, with two people that hate me three hours later. I was nervous, I never thought that Calum wouldn't be there if Ashton hurt me again or I just needed a friend. Calum and Jess aside I was going to have a fun night. I still had Ashton, Ava, Kayla, and Luke so I wasn't in it alone. 

Once Ashton drove up to Calum's house you could feel the bass vibrating in the car. I got out and as usual there was lights and music from the backyard. Ashton took my hand as we walked in, I had a smile on my face. I wanted Jess to see this. In the kitchen I made myself the now usual cherry vodka. I would have just one tonight, I don't need to get drunk and probably make things worse. I walked outside, still holding Ashton's hand and saw the usual bonfire. I saw Luke sitting with Ava and walked over. Ava's gave me an 'I knew it' face when she saw Ashton and I's intertwined hands.