Chapter Twenty Six

Sorry this update will be a little short, I have some homework to finish but I promise for a longer update next time! 

I do have exciting news at the bottom of this part!! 

Enjoy!

-

I really didn't see the harm in what I did with Calum. We were both drunk, and all I did was dance on him. Ashton didn't control me, I could dance with who I wanted too. 

"Here Renna." Calum said and extended his arm to me, allowing me to latch on and get pulled up. 

I was breathless, my head slightly spinning. Part of me was angry and the other part felt, well, defeated. I had at least managed to build up a temporary okay-ness with Ashton, and just like that it was all crushed. 

'Well you know what, fucking screw him this time.' 

The words echoed in my brain. I thought about it for a moment before coming to an conclusion: Screw him. It was his fault if he wanted to walk away. I'm sick of busting my ass for him, forgiving him, doing all this for him, for him to get mad over me dancing. My mood suddenly went up by a long shot, my chin got higher as my cheeks rose red from happiness. 

"Renna, are you upset?" Worry clouded Calum's voice and his features. 

"No Calum, I'm actually really great. That was his choice to do that, and you know what? I'm sick of playing this game with him. If he wants to leave then so be it." 

There was a small silence between us before a grin spread on Calum's face. His eyes did the cute scrunchy thing they always did when his smile was truly genuine. 

"It's about time you came to your senses." Calum muttered, but just enough so you could hear him. 

Laughing, you took his arm and threw it around your shoulder, walking to the door with him. It felt nice to let go for one, to stop worrying. Smiling, I walked with Calum to his car. He fished his car keys our of his pocket, unlocking the doors. Just as he opened his door, another hand slammed it shut.

Ashton's angry face appeared under the streetlight, his eyes fuming. His eyes darted from Calum to mine, lingered on my face. Any sign of earlier, any passion, was gone. Anger was prominent on his face, form his jaw clenched white to his fisted hands by his side. I met my eyes with the same anger as his, fury and pure disgust.

 "Just fucking leave you asshole." I spat at him, anger growing in the pit of my stomach. 

"Renna, just shut up!" Ashton cried, his face now red with fury. 

I resisted the urge to let my jaw drop, he never had talked to me like that before. No matter all of the other shit he as done to me, not once had he blatantly disrespected me like that. 

"You don't ever talk to me like that." I said in a low growl, I was in his face now, my jawline set and my eyes like bullets. 

I locked eyes with Ashtons, his eyes looked black. All the beauty I had seen in them before was gone, anything I felt before for him was gone. As far as I'm concerned, I'm gone from his life. Ashton showed no sign of backing down, or apologizing. 

I turned to look at Calum, giving him a look that said to start the car so I could get the hell away from Ashton. Looking back at Ashton I gave him a look of pure disgust.

"Don't call me, don't text me. Don't come by my fucking dorm. Don't try to walk with me, don't even try and talk to me. I'm fucking done, and this time, I swear I mean it." 

I turned and walked around to get in the front seat of Calum's car. Pulling away the second I sat down, Calum backed out and sped off. Ashton was still standing under the streetlamp, his fists clenched to his side and anger written all over his face. 

A million thoughts and feelings ran through my brain, so fast I couldn't keep up. But I knew one thing was certain: I wasn't sad like after our other fights, I wasn't feeling any regret or remorse. I felt free, giddy even. 

I had finally cut that poison out of my life, cut out the center of my problem since I got here. I had made the choice I had been wanting too for months now. My heart raced, I had so many new possibilities, so many things that could be done now, all because I cut one bad person out of my life.

"I'm so proud of you Renna." Calum said, breaking me away from my thoughts. 

"I am too." 

The words rung in the car. I was proud of myself. I coulnd't help the smile creep up on my face, the heart beat in my chest. I was beyond happy and proud. I let out a laugh, it slipped out of my mouth. Then Calum let out a laugh too, and before we knew it the car rung with out combined laughter. 

For once everything felt alight, it felt like I had a chance. I smiled as I looked out of the window, the streetlights creating an beautiful backdrop against the city buildings. It looked quite promising, quite pretty. 

Without another word in the drive home, Calum soon pulled up to my dorm. I just looked at him and smiled before I got out the car. Waving to him I started to walk to my dorm hall. My heart quickened as I placed my hand on the hall handle. What if Ashton was there, leaning on the wall like he has done so many times before. Nervously, I pulled open the door.

The hallway was empty, and I let out a sigh. A wave of emotion flooded me, but it wasn't sadness or disappointment that it was all the other times before, it was relief. Relief that Ashton wasn't here, he was gone. 

I unlocked my dorm room to walk in, kicking off my heels I started to feel tiredness creep up and wrap my brain. I quickly changed into my shorts and shirt, and crawled into bed. But this time, when I closed my eyes and I could smell my pillow, it no longer smelt of Ashton.

-

Okay so my exciting news is: I'm going to be on this a shitload!! I decided to start taking my writing more seriously, and to do that I kinda decided to blend my tumblr and wattpad together. I will be writing fanfictions on both sites, some only on tumblr and others only on wattpad, but majority of them will be posted on both sites! To kick off this start of my new project, i'm posting the Michael fic i've been writing on tumblr on here as well!! It's called Evergreen so look out for that in the next week! Also the link to my tumblr is in my wattpad bio if you click the green link! 

I'm also in great need for someone who can make quality covers, because I cant make covers for shit. So if you can make them either message me here or on tumblr and we'll talk!

Thanks for reading!