Chapter Ten

Hello! :)

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time, I've been really busy

I just got my laptop so Im going to be writing on that for the next two days until I have wifi to upload this will be the last upload for two days

Enjoy!

-

I woke up in the bed alone. It took me a second to remember where I was and what happened last night. Then I shot up, where was Ashton? I didn't want to be left in his apartment alone. I quickly padded to the closed bedroom door and down the hallway.

I heard the sizzling of a pan and looked around the corner and saw Ashton cooking.

"Good morning." I said and poured myself a mug of coffee.

"Hey." He said, not looking up from the stove.

"What are you cooking?" I asked and leaned on the counter, my coffee in my hands.

"Eggs and waffles."

"If you're going to cook maybe I should stay here more often." I said and look a sip of my coffee.

"You should stay here more." He said.

"Maybe I will." I said and he looked at me, his eyes dark.

"Keep your eyes on the pan mister." I said and when he turned around I couldn't help but smile at myself.

A couple minutes later Ashton was finished and we ate.

"Im going to get in the shower." I said and he showed me to the bathroom. Once in there I took a quick shower and once I got out I wrapped a towel around my body. I remembered I left my clothes in Ashton's room.

I walked to the bedroom, the door was closed. I was about to knock but I heard Ashton talking.

"I don't care! You leave her alone from now on! Do you hear me?" His voice was loud, he was yelling. Just then I heard a phone slam on the table and the door open. I jumped, it scared me.

"Oh, how long have you been standing there?" He asked.

"Just a second, I left my clothes in here." I said and walked in. Ashton left me to change and once I did I reached for my phone on the nightstand. It wasn't there. I looked around until I found it on the top of Ashton's dresser. I didn't remember putting it there.

Then it hit me, Ashton slamming something on the dresser. I quickly picked up my phone and went to my recent calls. One call from Calum, and it was received. Anger boiled in my chest, he has no right to answer my phone and then yell at Calum. I stormed out of the room and into the living room where Ashton was sitting on the couch, his laptop on his lap.

"Whats your issue?" I yelled, my words echoing in the wall.

"What are you talking about?" He asked and closed his laptop. He mentioned for me to sit on his lap but I shook my head.

"Seriously. You don't know." I said and he shook his head.

"You answered my call from Calum and yelled at him. I heard you!" I said and he opened his mouth to speak but I continued.

"You do not answer my phone! First off its my phone and second you are supposed to be best mates and band members. Im not going to be the girl that rips up your band." I said, getting angrier every second.

"You're right."

I opened my mouth to yell at him more but his apology surprised me.

"What?"

"You heard me, you are right. I shouldn't have answered your phone. I just got carried away."

I tried to still be angry at him but it was hard to keep my ground with him.

"I don't want to be the reason why you guys don't get along and if anything bad happens the blame is on me."

"Look, nothing is going to happen. I'll call Calum and apologize and everything will be better."

"Ok." I said and he got up and gave me a kiss before pulling out his phone and walking to the room to talk.

I sank down on the couch, not knowing what to do while Ashton was talking. I pulled my knees to my chest and wondered about what the deal is with me and Ashton. Where we dating or something less. I wasn't sure. He said he wasn't the dating type so he would probably say we weren't if someone asked.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't notice Ashton was sitting next to me until he pulled me onto his lap.

"What are we?" I though out loud.

"Huh?" Ashton asked.

"Nothing." I said and leaned my head and shoulders into his chest.

"What are you majoring in?" Ashton asked.

"Journalism, I want to write for a newspaper or magazine and then become an editor." I said.

He pulled me closer into his lap and I gave him a smile. All the sudden my phone rang. I got up off of Ashton to grab my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey its Luke."

"Hey Luke." I said and Ashton's head snapped up and he looked like he wanted to break the phone. I mouthed calm down to him.

"Me, Michael, Ava, Kayla, and Calum where going to dinner tonight and we where wondering if you and Ashton wanted to go." Luke said.

Did he think Ashton and I where a couple?

"Sure. How do I dress?"

"Semi-formal. Nothing too fancy." He said.

"Ok, when is dinner?"

"Seven."

"Ok! Thanks for inviting us." I said.

"You're welcome. Goodbye."

"Bye." I said and hung up.

I put my phone on the counter and Ashton got up.

"What did he want?" He asked and moved the hair out of my face.

"He invited us to dinner so go get dressed and then you have to take me to my dorm to change." I said.

"Why can't we just stay here?" He complained.

"Because we are going to have a fun night."

He groaned and walked to the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and I wondered how we where going to act out in public.

-

"Ok, I'll be twenty minutes. Just stay in the car." I said and then got out of Ashton's car and walked down the hall to my dorm. Once I unlocked it I took off my clothes and slipped on black tights and my strapless bra.

I found my favorite red dress in the dresser and pulled it out. I slipped it on and looked in the mirror. It was a one shoulder, the neckline swooped down into a sweetheart neckline. The skirt stopped mid thigh so I wore tights. I slipped on Kayla's black heels again and did my makeup. I added a thick line of eyeliner and a soft red lipstick that still stuck out. I braided my hair and then took the braid and twisted it into a bun so I had a braided bun. I grabbed my black clasp and headed out the door.

Walking down the dorm halls my heels clicked causing for me to smile. I wasn't really a heel type of girl but it was nice to dress up every now and then. I opened the car door and slid in, Ashton's eyes went wide causing my cheeks to turn a little pink.

"You look good." He said.

"Thank you." I said and gave him a smile. He leaned over the seat and gave me a quick kiss.

Ten minutes later we pulled into the parking lot to the restaurant. When I got out of the door I was surprised when Ashton took my hand. We walked in together and found the others inside the dining area.

"Renna! Ashton!" Michael called and we walked over, Ashton still holding my small hand in his large one.

"Hi guys." I said and smiled. I sat down across from Ava and Ashton next to me across from Michael. His hand was on my thigh under the table.

We all had a good time at dinner. It seemed as if nothing changed between Calum and Ashton, and we where all laughing and sharing stories. Before the check came Ashton got up, I didn't question him, he was probably going to the bathroom. But when I looked up I saw the sign for the bathroom's the opposite way. I turned my head and saw Ashton walking out the front door, a set of very familiar curly hair in front of him.

"Excuse me." I mumbled to whoever cared to listen and got up and followed Ashton out the door. My feet didn't seem to go fast enough to catch up to him.

I finally pushed open the doors and saw nothing in front of me. I looked around but I couldn't find him or curly haired Jess. I walked forward a little, wondering where to look next when I saw two shadows on the wall. Ashton and Jess where on the side of the building.

"I want you." I heard Jess say and Ashton mumbled something I couldn't here.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I felt the tears in my eyes again. I felt the world spin around me.

I turned around to walk to wherever when I bumped into Calum. He must have seen the tears in my eyes.

"Renna are you ok?" He asked and I fell apart. I shook my head and a low whimper escaped my lips and Calum was holding me in his arms as I sobbed into his chest. After a minute of doing this he stroked my hair.

"What happened?" He asked and I pointed to the side of the building. He peeked around and must have saw what Ashton was doing with Jess now. Whatever they where doing I didn't want to know.

Calum took my hand and lead me away. I walked blindly, with tears in my eyes. Calum placed me in the passenger seat of his car and then got in the driver seat.

"Im sorry." I said, my voice weak and hoarse.

"For what?"

"For putting you in the middle of all this shit. If it wasn't for me you and
Ashton would be best mates like always. Im sorry for fucking things up." I said.

"Its not your fault Renna. Ashton is being a jerk and a player, I won't take it if he did that to any girl. Not just you." He said.

"Im such an idiot for forgiving him and thinking he changed. Believing his lies." I said.

"Maybe things will be different this time." Calum said.

"They will be." I said and meant it.

I wasn't going to be Ashton's toy anymore. I was done with giving chances or letting him back in. Im building walls and this time they will be permeant.

-

Thanks for reading!!! :D

400+ reads is AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL!!

Please comment on who you want, Ashton and Renna or Calum and Renna ;)

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan