Chapter 2: Hurtful Words

Louise's POV

I was in school  for my second day. I was grateful that the 16 year old hadn't even approached me, it was 7th period by now.

The bell rang. I went a whole school day without talking to that idiot.. I sighed in relief and walked out and into the hallways that were filled with other highschoolers and chatter. One specific chat perked up my ears.

I heard someone say Louise. I peeked around the corner and I saw Logan and a few other guys who were definitely older because-

Louise, pure thoughts. You are innocent.

I stand behind a wall and stayed quiet.

"What's up with that girl Louise?"

"I don't know. Hey Logan, don't you know her?"

"Yeah. She's just some loser that I've known for a few years. Nothing other than a nobody.She Probaly thinks I have a crush on her or something. I surely don't, I bet nobody does or has." Logan earned a few laughs from the guys.

I bit my bottom lip and walked away. "Louise!" Logan yelled and I just ran out the door and to the car that was waiting with my siblings already in it. Why was this hurting? My heart felt as if it'd been torn and thrown to the ground. This didn't make sense.

Why should this hurt? Being the violent girl I am, I'd usually shrug it off.  Yes we played, but he never said anything that rude.

"What's wrong, Louise?" My father interrupted my thoughts and I looked up at him. I will not cry. I kept telling that to myself.

"Nothing! Just pissed about Tina being annoying." I said trying to sound happy, but I could already feel the depression lurking with in me. It crept up so silent. It always does

Gene bursted into laughter. "You got that right!" He said and made some Fart noises.

"Language, Louise." My mother butted in and I huffed as we drove to the house.

I did nothing, I ate nothing, I layed in the dark and refused to cry. R e f u s e d. Eventually I fell asleep of frustration after mumbling "you confuse me...Logan Bush."