Chapter 24: Tinas date

Tina's POV

"Oh Tina, what's got you all dressed up tonight? Fancy ooo" my mother commented as I was busy putting earrings in. I wouldn't considerate it fancy, it was just a light blue dress and contacts in my eyes.

"Oh, uhhhh... I wouldn't say it's fancy but anyways." I felt my cheeks going red as I thought about it. I hadn't been on many dates, probably less than I can count on one hand.

"Tina! Are you going on a date?" My mom interrupted, bringing her hands to her chest almost like she was fangirling. My mom is something else, I swear.

"Ye-"

"OH MY GOD, TINA BELCHER, MY LITTLE GIRL ALL GROWN UP. I CANT BELIEVE IT, my bABYS GOING ON HER FIRST DATE. WHOS THE LUCKY BOY?" Mom practically yelled after she once again cut me off mid-sentence.

"Remember Josh?" I asked calmly, hoping she would do the same instead of screaming like a girl seeing skinship moments of her OTP.

"Oh! He's a sweetheart. Of course, honey."

I started to say something again, but I heard the doorbell ring. My moms eyes seemed to lighten up, she was more excited than I was.

I made my down the stairs, still dressed casual but a small bit out of my comfort zone. Nothing like when Tammy had drowned my face in make up.

Gene had opened the door, making small talk with Logan about llamas or something. I stood beside them, Josh turning his head and looking at me now. He seemed to be impressed because he had no words for the new few moments.

After about a minute or so, he cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. "You look....great, Tina. Really" he let out a lighthearted chuckle and my cheeks began to go red once again.

Louise then walked in the door, Logan behind her. She quickly rushed over, more-so in the background. "GET SOME!!!" My younger sister yelled, I better go before my face turns into the color of a fire truck.

Josh then held out his arm as an offer, I gladly took it. I gave a smile first to him and then my mom who was busy taking pictures of us.

"Ready to go?" He questioned, looking down at me with a slight smile. I nodded with a hum and we left the house.

(A/N I started haikyu!!, it's my obsession at the moment. I'm listening to twenty Øne pilots ; ). Excited for Tina's date?)