Chapter 8

Sam paced the room for the hundredth time as he waited for Dean to pick up the phone. "Come on, come on, pick up!"

"You have reached the voicemail of- 'Leave your name, number and nightmare at this tone.' "

Sam rolled his eyes at the lame voicemail- in his opinion- and shut the phone, sighing loudly, pacing faster than ever.

After about ten minutes, his phone rang. Fishing it out of his pocket quickly, he yelled into the phone, "Dean, where the hell are you, man?!"

He could clearly see Dean flinching and holding the phone a bit far from his ear so as to not have internal ear damage. "Whoa, okay, relax, Sam."

"Relax?! Dude, you've been gone two hours."

"I told you, I'm cooling down." Then Sam thought he heard the sound of clinking glass. "Wait, are you at a bar?"

There was a long pause on the phone before "......No......"

"Liar, jerk."

"Bitch."

"You went to a bar without me?"

"Hey, you could have asked? Oh, thank you, waitress."

Sam pulled a bitchface at Dean's flirting attempts although he couldn't see it. "Ooookay, I'm hangin up."

"Alright. See you later, Sammy." Dean ended the call and took a sip of his drink, watching a very jittery Castiel. "Loosen up a bit, would you, Cas?"

Castiel could only looked at Dean as he fidgeted with his hands, palms sweaty, eyes darting. He had been on edge the entire time. He didn't feel safe here. "I can't do it, Dean."

"Hey, relax."

"This is a den of iniquity. I should not be here."

"Dude, you full-on rebelled against heaven. Iniquity is one of the perks." Footsteps approached and Dean turned in his seat to find a pretty blonde stripper walking towards them. He sent a wink Castiel's way. "Showtime."

The stripped eyed Castiel up and down, as if appraising a meal. "Hi. What's your name?"

Castiel began shaking just the tiniest bit, and Dean had the strangest urge to put an arm around his shoulders and comfort him. He quelled it, however.

Castiel avoided looking at the stripper as much as he could, shoulders tight from tension until he heard Dean say, "Cas! His name's Cas!" His shoulders slump out of relief, but he couldn't help but jump a little at the force that Dean said his name.

"What's your name?" Dean continued.

"Chastity."

"Chastity?"

She nodded. Dean leaned towards Castiel, who didn't know what else to do but nervously gulp down his beer. "Wow. Is that kismet or what, buddy? Well, he likes you, you like him, so dayenu."

"Come on, baby." Chastity led Castiel up by the hand and he threw Dean a terrified look.

Dean stopped him and handed him a wad of cash. "If she asks for a credit card, no. Now just stick to the basics, okay? Do not order off the menu. Go get her, tiger."

Castiel didn't move, his blue eyes searching Dean's. "Please, I can't."

"Yes, you can, Cas. First time for everyone, right?"

The angel still didn't move.

"Come on, don't make me push you."

Fingers trembling, Castiel wrapped his hand around the cash and followed Chastity into a hallway.

Dean smiled at his progress and clinked glasses with another stripper. "Cheers."

Suddenly a scream resounded from the hallway where Castiel and Chastity had just been. Dean left his beer and jumped over some chairs in an attempt to find out the problem. As it turned out, it wasn't a big deal.

His eyes found Castiel leaning against the wall, confused, as Chastity threw things at him and shouted insults. "Get out of my face! Leave me alone! Bastard! Screw you, jerk! I'll kill you!"

As she strutted away from a disheveled angel in a storm of anger, she shouted at Dean, "Screw you too! God! Oh! Jerk!"

As soon as she left, Dean turned to Castiel. "The hell you do?"

"I don't know. I just looked her in the eyes and told her it wasn't her fault that her father Gene ran off. It was because he hated his job at the post office."

Dean groaned. "Oh, no, man."

"What is it?"

"This whole industry runs on absent fathers. It's, it's the natural order."

Both men looked behind as two men walked towards them and they definitely weren't the type to mess with. "We should go," Dean said and shepherded Castiel outside, hand unconsciously on his lower back.

Castiel replayed the events of the evening in his head, coming back to reality when Dean doubled over, laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

Dean wiped his eyes and inhaled deeply before letting out an exhausted laugh. "Oh, nothing. Whoo. It's been a long time since I've laughed that hard. It's been more than a long time. Years."

Castiel pondered this. "You should laugh more often. It suits you."

Dean smiled warmly at him, a first time for Castiel. "Thanks, Cas. You too."

They opened the doors to the Impala when Castiel suddenly felt a blade on his back. He had been in this situation multiple times to know it was an angel blade. "Move back."

He did as he was told and was pulled backwards, the angel blade now to his neck. His attacker said loudly for Dean to hear, "You're not going anywhere."

Dean groaned, he wasn't in the mood. "Oh, come on, man," he stated, getting out of the car. "We were just...."

He trailed off as he saw Castiel with an angel blade to his neck. "Cas."