Chapter 23

"Hey, Dean."

"Morning, Sammy." Dean poured a cup of coffee for himself. "Where's Cas?"

"He's meeting with an angel."

"You have a name?"

"Yeah, um, Saman...Saman...something or other."

"Samandriel."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Remember Kevin? The auction for the demon tablet?"

"Oh...right." Sam turned back to his computer, eyes darting back and forth across the screen.

"What are you looking at?"

"Well, get this." He clicked on an article, published by a hunter. "Apparently the only way to kill Lucifer is keeping him contained in his cage forever using the Four Horsemen's rings."

"That's it? That's all we've got?"

"Well, we could always wait for Michael to kill him."

"Michael, as in the douchebag that wanted me for a vessel?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, hell no."

"Dean, he is the one who leads God's army in a heavenly battle against the Devil."

"Where does it say that?"

"Revelations."

"Ah." Dean took a sip of his coffee and sat down. The thump of heavy footsteps on the stairs resounded and Bobby walked into the room. "What are you boys doing up this early?"

"It's eight o clock, Bobby," Sam sassed.

"Whatever." Bobby got himself a cup of coffee as well. "Where's Cas?"

"Meeting with another angel. Samandriel," Dean clarified. "He's one of the good guys."

Bobby looked doubtful. "Uh huh." He drank his coffee, and it was only then Dean was able to see how tired Bobby really was. "Bobby, you should get some rest."

"I ain't tired, boy."

"Bull. Go to sleep, old man." Dean gently pushed Bobby, grumbling but in no state to argue, up the stairs.

Not long after, Castiel reappeared in the room, looking grim.

"What's the news, Cas?"

"Not good."

"The hell that supposed to mean?"

Castiel shot a look to his left and right. "Lucifer's broken out."

For a moment, the room was dead silent, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The brothers froze in shock, conflicting emotions stirring deep within their souls. "You're joking."

"I would not joke about such a thing." Castiel hung his head and truly looked remorseful.

"Don't worry, Cas," Sam attempted to comfort. "We'll find a way to stop him."