Cheeseburger in Paradise (AmericaxReader)

Silence. That's all you could hear.

Well, that and the goodbyes of your coworkers as they left for the night.

You were working at the local McDonald's, trying to get some money for the rent for your house. It didn't give the best salary, but it was something.

As you were cleaning off the remaining tables, you heard a bell ding as someone came into the restaurant. Looking up, you saw a man with blue eyes, sandy blonde hair, and glasses walk up to the register.

It was closing time, so why was he here?

Reluctantly, you walked over to the man and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked back at you.

"Um, excuse me sir but we're closed for the night," you politely told him. The man turned completely around to face you with a look of confusion etched on his face.

"Really? I thought these things were open 24/7," he said thoughtfully. As that was true, this particular McDonald's was only open until ten o'clock.

You shook your head. The man's eyes widened and he looked down in sadness. Feeling bad for him, you gave him an encouraging smile.

"Well, I guess we could make an exception," you told him. The man looked up in surprise and smiled back at you.

With that, you went behind the counter and was ready to take his order.

"Um can I have the...." And you quickly typed down his long order. After a second you printed out the receipt and had him pay.

"Okay, your food will be ready in a few minutes." You smiled at him cheerfully and he went to sit down at a table. You went into the back and prepared his food.

Once you were finished, you loaded the meal onto a tray and took it out to the dining area and to where the man was sitting. He looked up when you came to his table.

"Here you go, sir. Hope you enjoy your meal," you said as you gave another smile. Just as you were about to walk away, the man grabbed your hand and made you stop. You looked back at him in wonder.

"Since you went through all this trouble to make me this after closing, would you like to sit with me?" The man asked. You hesitated, as customers normally wouldn't act like this, but then nodded. What else were you going to do?

You sat down across from the man, and he pushed you a cheeseburger and some fries. You unwrapped the burger and took a bite out of it. The man did the same.

After a couple minutes, the man started a conversation.

"I guess now that I bought you dinner and stuff, I should probably introduced myself. My name's Alfred," he said. Alfred then held out a hand and you shook it.

"(Y/n)," you replied. Alfred smiled.

"A pretty name for a pretty girl." After he said this you blushed a bit and hid behind the cheeseburger.

When the embarrassment faded, you both struck up a pretty interesting conversation. Soon enough, you were pretty well acquainted with Alfred, and you even exchanged phone numbers.

After a couple hours of talking about nothing in particular, you finally finished the meal. As you were cleaning up, a song came on the speakers since you had not turned off the radio playing throughout the restaurant yet. You both stopped and listened as the song "Cheeseburger in Paradise" played through the ceiling. (If you haven't heard the song before, it's up with the picture at the beginning of the chapter)

Alfred looked at you and you looked at him. He then held out a hand to you in a grand gesture and blushed a bit.

"Would you like this dance, M'lady?" Alfred asked tentatively. You giggled at his action and gladly took his hand in yours.

"I would love to."

You started dancing ridiculously to the song and laughed the whole time until you were forced to clean up and close the diner.

Let's just say, Alfred came back regularly and ordered many more cheeseburgers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/n

Aaaaayyyyyeeeee so this is a thing

I just kinda thought up it right now and it worked okay I guess woohoo

Hope you enjoyed it!

Happy reading
~I really need to stop posting things at midnight