REQUEST:: Sitting in Silence (DenmarkxMute!Reader)

Requested by Smartykiss
Thank you!!

You walked through your beautiful garden and smiled to yourself. It was such a nice day that you thought you would go for a walk outside and enjoy the sun. Your home and garden were pretty solitary, but you didn't mind since you kind of liked being alone. It was somewhat soothing.

You had been alone all your life pretty much, having to grow up on your own when you had to be left behind because your parents couldn't afford to take care of you properly. It had been a pretty lonely life until you learned how to make the most of it. So, all in all, it wasn't too bad.

You had just leaned down to smell a bright colored rose that lined the path when you suddenly heard some shuffling somewhere. Your head shot up and you looked around, a bit scared since no one ever came to visit. Being the stealthy person you are, you quickly hid behind some sunflowers and watched through the stalks.

Your eyes scanned your lush garden over and over again, not being able to find the source of the shuffling. Suddenly, your gaze snapped over to the source of some sunflowers on the other side of the garden being smashed over. You narrowed your eyes. Whoever was smashing your plants was gonna get a fierce beating if you found them.

"Gosh darnit! Stupid thorns tangling me up... You'll wish you were never born!" You heard someone growl. Suddenly you saw the blade of a large axe loom over the flowers. Your eyes widened again, and you thrust yourself out of your cover to stop the axe from cutting through your roses.

You charged across the garden and flung your hands up in time to stop the axe. You panted heavily from the adrenaline, and you gritted your teeth to keep your mouth from trembling.

"Hey, uh, who are you?"

Your head snapped over to the left to see a tall man with spiky blonde hair and blue eyes staring at you in curiosity. He looked innocent enough, but you couldn't be sure with this giant axe swinging about. You flicked your eyes to the axe and back to him for a second to tell him to put it down. Thankfully, he got the message.

You straightened yourself up to look tougher and gestured to him. He looked at you for a second before introducing himself.

"Oh, you can call me... Denmark. What's your name?" He asked you. You looked around for a stick and found one, drawing in a small patch of dirt between you.

You wrote out: (Y/n). Denmark looked up at you in question.

"Do you not talk?" He asked. You shook your head no. Then you wrote in the dirt next to your name: long story.

Denmark just shrugged and smiled widely at you. He held out a hand.

"Well, (Y/n), it's nice to meet you. Did you know that you have pretty eyes?" You blushed at this and smiled a bit. You shook his strong hand and gestured around to your garden.

"The garden? Oh, well, it's very nice. You did a good job growing this place. Sorry for almost killing half of it though. I can have anger issues sometimes," Denmark chuckled nervously and rubbed and hand behind his head. You just smiled at him.

You both fell into a comfortable silence for a few seconds until Denmark spoke up again, this time with a small blush dusting his face.

"So, um, I know we really don't know each other all that well, but... Would you like to go on a date? I'm sorry if this is too rushed but-" you cut him off by putting up a hand. You smiled at him again and pointed to yourself, made a heart shape with your hands, and held up two fingers. I'd love to.

Denmark blushed a littler darker and nodded his head, then looked up at you and smirked. He suddenly lunged at you and scooped you up in his arms, bridal style.

"Well, (Y/n)," he smiled down at you with glistening blue eyes, "honestly its kind of relieving that I don't have to worry about making you speechless now." You silently giggled and kissed his cheek. Denmark blushed again  and started off through your garden.
~*~*~*~*~*

A/n

Thanks for requesting!

I gotta say this one was kinda hard because it was challenging with you being mute lol

I tried honestly I promiseeee

I'm thinking about doing another book of oneshots bc I'm getting ideas for other fandoms for oneshots and also a couple for these, but I have no where to put them SOOO

Would you read them??

It would probably be
-Miraculous Ladybug
-Young Justice
-Avengers
Or
- Percy Jackson

I'm not sure but which one would you guys like to see if you're interested in any of these fandoms??

It also doesn't have to be a oneshot and preference book (maybe just oneshots bc let's face it I suck at preferences haha) it could be a normal xreader or something

Idk just a thought

Hope you liked this oneshot!

Vote, comment, request, recommend
~Art_and_Soul