Chapter 10

•Lexis POV•
I can't believe that Weston would do that to me. I had so many thoughts going on in my head I thought my brain was going to explode.

My phone was blowing up with text messages from Caroline but I didn't bother to answer. I was bawling my eyes out. I didn't even know where I was going. I came up to a little café and decided to go in since it was getting dark.

I went in and sat down at a small table and took out my phone. I had a tone of messages. This isn't the first time I have run away from my problems and Caroline knew it. I stayed away from home for about 3 days when I found out I was moving. Eventually I had to go back home and then we moved to North Carolina.

Then someone walked through the door of the café he was a tall boy with brown hair and blue eyes. He saw me looking at him and walked over to me. I quickly wiped away my tears. "Hey are you okay?" His voice was so soft and caring. "Yeah I'm fine" I said. He didn't believe me and sat down in front of me.

"I'm Gage" he said holding his hand out so I could shake it. "I'm Lexi" I said while I shook his hand. "So why is a pretty girl like you crying at a random café at night?" I looked down and blushed. "Nothing important" "You can tell me, it's okay" "Okay. It was just, I saw my so called boyfriend kissing someone else. And if you knew me then you would know that I run away from my problems a lot. So here I am" I told him.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do?" He asked. "No I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to go home yet because I know if I do then I will have to face Weston. I don't know if I'm ready" I told him. "Oh umm" he looked at me clueless.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just thrown that on you like that" I said and looked to the floor. "It's okay, do you want to come to my place and stay? I have a guest room that you can stay in, if you want" I didn't know what to say, I didn't know who he was but I had needed somewhere to stay.

"Oh um are you sure?" "Yeah my place is just around the corner." He said, and I nodded my head. "C'mon, let's go" he said and stood and and held his hand out. I took his hand and we walked out of the café to his place.

The way there was really awkward until my phone rang and I looked at it. It was Weston. I put my phone on vibrate and put it back in my pocket. "Is everything okay?" He asked. "Yeah" I said. "Okay well here it is" he said as we walked up to his door. He unlocked it and his parents looked at us.

"Who is this young lady?" He mom asked. "Mom, this is Lexi, she's just a friend, she needs a place to stay tonight so I told her she could stay in the guest room" I looked at his mom and gave a weak smile. "Okay hunny that's fine" she said then Gage pulled me upstairs to the guest room.

"This I the guest room, there is a bathroom through that door, if you need anything my room is across from this one." He said. I couldn't help it, I walked up to him and gave him a hug. I whispered "Thank you so much. I know we just met but I hope we can be friends" "No problem, and yeah I would like that" he whispered back.

Gage went to his room and I went to the bathroom to clean up. I washed my face with some cold water then looked at myself in the mirror. Did I deserve to be hurt by a low-life person? (JK I LOVE WESTON) He hurt me, my first boyfriend hurt me. How was I going to face him?

I turned the light off and climbed into the bed. It took be about 5 minutes to fall asleep. But when I did I felt good because all of my problems drifted away.

(In the morning)

I wake up and looked at my phone it was 10:20 am and I was still in my clothes from last night. I got out of the bed and decided to make it so I would leave it like I found it. Then I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I said.

Then Gage walked through the door, "Sleep well?" He asked. "Yeah I did and I can't thank you enough" "It's not a problem. And by the way my mom made breakfast downstairs, are you hungry?" "Starving" I said and we laughed.

"After you" he said while we were walking out of the guest room. "Thank you" I said and laughed. We walked downstairs to eat breakfast. He showed me to the table and we sat down. I looked at the plate, it looked amazing! It had waffles with whipped cream and strawberries on top, and had some orange juice in the side. "This looks amazing" I told his mom. "Thank you sweetie" she smiled.

When I finished my breakfast I said "That was delicious! But I think I have to go home now" obviously Gage knew that I was upset so he said "Hey do you want me to walk you there?" "Sure that would be great!"

"Mom, we are leaving now!" Gage yelled so his mom can hear him. "Okay sweetie! Bye Lexi! I hope that you can come over again sometime!" She said. "Sure thing! Thank you for letting me stay! Bye!" I told her and we walked out of his house.

We were almost to my house when Gage said "Hand me your phone." "Why?" I asked. "So I can put my number in" I gave him my phone and be put his number in there and he gave me his phone so I could do the same.

We were in my driveway now. "Hey let's take a selfie" I said. "Okay" he said. We took a cute picture on snapchat and we looked at it and laughed. (Pic above) I captioned it "New friend!💜😋" and posted it.

We walked up to my door and he said "If you ever need me, you have my number and you know where I live, so call or come over anytime" he smiled.

"Okay I will! Thank you so much for letting me stay last night and for cheering me up!" I said. "Anytime" I walked closer to him and gave him a hug when my door opened, and I saw Weston standing right there watching us while me and Gage were hugging... Uh oh...

(A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger! Okay so I felt like the story needed a new character in it so I added Gage to make it juicier!😏 The next chapter will be posted tomorrow! I'm going to try and start posting 2 chapters a day!Have a great Day(well night for me)! And thank you all for 400+ reads!!!! I'm so happy!
Bye cutiess❤️)