Chapter 26

Someone walks in. Lucas. I haven't seen him since the day he kissed me... I haven't tried to talk to him. I honestly thought he went back home.

"Lucas? Why are you here?" I ask as he is walking towards me and sits beside me. "I just wanted to see if you were okay..." He says. I look at him. "Oh... Well I'm fine" I say trying to get up but when I do I stumble and almost fall but Lucas catches me.

"No your not" he says helping me sit back down, carefully. "Yes I am. I'm perfectly fine. But thanks for coming to see me... I know it's been awkward since that day, but we are still bestfriends and nothing can change that! Loves you!" I say.

He looks at me with a disappointing face, but when I smile he smiles to and says "Loves you too!". Then we give each other a hug and the doctor walks back in with something in his hand.

"Hi Lexi, I'm back with the sling for your arm. Let me just help you put it on and you will be free to leave." He says sternly and helps me out the sling on.

The doctor walks over and carefully lifts my arm up and wraps the sling around me. After he is done I adjust it slightly so it will be more comfortable to me.

I look up at the doctor, he is reading some charts. He looks at me and says "Well, that should be all. You are free to leave now, but you have check up in a couple of weeks! Don't forget to rest your arm!"

I nod my head "Thanks" and Lucas and I walk out of the room. When we walk out I see all of my friends and... mom?!

"MOM?!" I yell and everyone looks at me. She turns around. It is her! I haven't seen her or dad in ages because they have been away on a business trip!

She runs up to me and hugs me tightly, avoiding my hurt arm. I missed her so much... I wish she was home more often....

I feel my eyes tear up but I hold them back. Then I hear my mom start to cry. I pull away from the hug to see my mom with a tear stained face.

"Mom, why are you crying? Why have you been crying?" She just looks at me and starts to cry again. Then I realized something...

"Mom where's dad? You went on the trip together, why didn't he come back?" I ask.

"H-he d-died...." She said between tears. My world just broke into a million pieces. I didn't just hear that. He can't be dead.

I run. I run past my mom, past my friends, they try to stop me but I was to fast. I don't even know where I'm going, all I know is that I need to be away from here....

-Weston's POV-
After Lex ran off I started to panic. I didn't know where she was going. I felt terrible for her though, to be honest I would have probably done the same thing if I just heard that my dad has died.

Julie(Lexi's mom) is sitting in the chair crying her eyes out while Terra(Caroline's mom) is comforting her.

I don't know what to do. Mark is freaking out, trying to call Lex but she wasn't answering. And I was freaking out as well... I just wasn't showing it.

-Lexi's POV-
I'm still running, I think it's been about 20 minutes. I just don't believe it. My dad, who I haven't seen in forever, is gone... No. I won't believe it.

While I'm running I see a café and I remember that Gage lives near here. I need a place to stay, and he said that I could come over any time..

I pull out my phone and it's blown up with text messages from everyone especially Weston and Mark. I ignore them and call Gage.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello?" I here from the other end of the phone. It's Gage. "Gage? It's Lexi" I say, my voice shaky and cracking. "Hey Lex what's up? Have you been crying?" "I need a favor" "What?"

"Something has happened and I ran to the café and remember that you live near here.. Well I need a place to stay tonight. Can I stay there?" "Sure, I'll come pick you up."

"Thanks Gage, I really appreciate it" "No problem, see you in a bit. Bye" "Bye" I say and hang up.

*skip to when Gage gets there*

I was sitting on a bench near the street when Gage pulls up and gets out of the car. He sees me and walks over and sits beside me on the bench.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "M-my dad is d-dead" I say and start to cry. Gage takes my hand hand pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry, Lex" he says.

He pulls me back. "Explain to me why you are here though" he says. I start to explain everything, from me falling off of the skateboard to my mom showing up.

*afterwards*

"Lex... I'm extremely sorry. I really am." He says. "Thanks" I say. "Let's get you out of this cold weather" he says and stands up holding out his hand.

I take his hand and he pulls me to the car and we get in and drive to his house.

I fell asleep on the way there.

*next morning*

I wake up in bed. I still the same clothes on as yesterday. All I remember from last night after what had happened... Is falling asleep in Gage's car.

He must have carried me up here. I grab my phone and it was blown up with messages from everyone. Most from Mark. A lot from Weston. Some from my mom. And others. I ignore them and get up out of bed. I walk downstairs to see...

(A/N : FINALLY AN UPDATE! Sorry for the cliffhanger! I thought this chapter was really sad, it was really sad to write😭 I hope you all enjoyed it though! Loves you! Bye cutiess💜)