Can you please trust me?

We had a long and awkward silence before any of us started talking however, he did ask me how to get to my house along the way. "So, can you just tell me who you like?" Riley begged.

"Why do you even want to know who I like anyway? Do you know that it is so annoying how you keep asking me," I flared at him with irritation in my tone. 

"I'm curious! Is it that hard to tell me who you like?" He whined like how a 3 year old will do when they can't get a toy that they want. 

"Because I don't trust you? Who knows, if I tell you, you might just go around spreading to everyone. I'm no idiot, judging by your status and attitude, I bet once I tell you, you're gonna text your friends and tell everyone who I like!" I screamed at him. I didn't even have the guts to tell my closest friends who I like, what makes him think that I'll just confide to him and pour out all my secrets and feelings to someone that I can barely trust? He must be some kind of retard or something.

"I promise that I won't tell anyone. Just trust me." He sounded like he's begging, like how a little kid would beg his parents to let him watch television even though he got grounded or something.

"NO! I didn't even tell my best friend, who I trust a lot, what makes you think I can trust someone like you who I barely know? I don't think I can trust you yet, Riley, it seems impossible, who knows. You might just back stab me, and I think I had enough of that to last me for a lifetime from others. Please I don't need another name to be added onto my list." I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"We're in the same school for years now. I don't think you can count that as 'barely knowing someone'," he sighed in return.

"Um, technically that's true but we barely even communicated with each other until a few days ago. The most was that you teased me or ask me to borrow you a pen. So, it means that I barely know you okay?"

"Just tell me, I beg of you. I really want to know, I'm really curious. Don't leave me hanging, Winters," He growled. Wow, talk about mood swings.

I stared out of the window and I didn't even realise that we've reached my house already - I guess I was too caught up in this conversation. "Look, I just don't think I can trust you yet okay? Not until we truly know each other. Um, I have to go now, my clothes are really bothering me. And before I go..." I quickly slapped him and got out of the car. With a dash, I went into my house. The look on his face was so hilarious! He was purely and utterly shocked. 1 slap down, tons more to go. Damn, Sabrina. What has gotten into you? Please stop acting so childishly and stoop to Riley's level.

I was finally done with my long shower and changed into a fresh set of clothing which included a gigantic baggy shirt that covers my shorts that i'm wearing. Right after resting, I decided to do my homework when I felt a vibration coming from my phone. Curious, I saw Riley's message. Should i reply him? I've already told him why i can't tell him who i like. Why can't he just give it up?

| Hey u fool! Tell me who u like now or i won't be held responsible for what my twitchy palm has in stored for you (; |

| I told you why i can't tell you who i like. Can u just give it up now? And stow away ur twitchy palm before i retaliate >:( |

With that, I switched off my phone to stop any further distraction from Mr Popular. He could keep him and his twitchy palms to himself for all I care. He can even smack himself if he's feeling particularly twitchy.

----------------

I woke up with a loud ringing sound coming from my alarm clock. I was about to hit snooze when i realised what time it was... It was 8am and school starts at 8:30. When everything started clicking in my brain, I realised that I'm going to be late for school.