Surprise visit

I was too tensed to move or speak after hearing that question. What was I suppose to say? 'oh yes Riley, I used that as a cover up to get you off my back.' Sure. Should I just lie to him? Lying works. But there is one small problem: I've never really lied to anyone in my entire life except to Liam, but that was on a completely different circumstance.

"It was just a troll to mess with everyone's head," I nervously chuckled. I was really hoping he didn't notice my nervous chuckle but oh I'm never really the luckiest person or the best actress at times of crisis alive.

"Are you sure Sabrina? You sound like you're lying to me. You aren't exactly 'the best liar' you know?" He scoffed.

"What the hell does that even mean, ass? I'm like the best liar I know," I growled, "Besides, don't you believe me? Judging by how you think that I'm a goody-two-shoes, it should make whatever I say more reliable. I feel so insulted." I placed a hand over my heart to feign offense. Well, of course I did, I mean how could someone not believe me? I'm basically the epitome of innocence.

"How do you expect someone to believe you when you are lying?" Oh shut up sub-conscious I screamed at the back of my head while mentally rolling my eyes at her.

"I just thought that you might really like someone. I didn't mean to offend you, Brina," He laughed, placing both of his hands up signaling defeat.

Just as I was about to zone out, I felt this sudden sharp pain across my left cheek. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I realised Riley just slapped me again. That guy has some serious issues. I quickly turned to face him, touching the spot where he just slapped and gave him a stare as he laughed.

"Dude! What the hell?! You could've gotten us killed by doing that stupid prank of yours!" I said with more amusement present in my tone than anger. Somehow, I had a feeling of excitement instead of anger. Please move out of the way because the rollercoaster of sarcasm's coming your way.

"No worries princess, I won't let this pretty girl next to me die because of a horrible car crash," he winked, "I have something even more gruesome and horrible planned."

"Oh really? I don't think what you have planned comes anywhere near mine," I said, wiggling my eyebrows. With that, both of us laughed. It's actually sort of relaxing not having Riley bother me about who I had a crush on. With that out of the way, I guess that could be a great start of a friendship or maybe frenemies.

-------------

As I got out of the car and strolled to the door, Riley suddenly came running in front of me. "Don't I get a 'thanks' for giving you a ride home?" he fake pouted.

Staring at him in disbelief, I said, "I didn't ask you to give me a ride home. If I remember correctly, you're the one who stepped up and offered it to me. And no more pouting, please. For the sake of everyone on earth." I grinned knowing that I'm winning this little argument.

While we exchanged looks, he gave me his best puppy-dog face, I gave in. "Urgh fine! Thank you, Sparrow." I seethed out in anger . With a grin, he gave me a slap on my right cheek and walked away.

"Thanks!" I yelled at him from my position when we weren't even 2 meters apart. He turned around and yelled to provide me with some extra information, mimicking my voice, "To even things for your cheeks!" And with that, he quickly jogged to his car and sped away.

To even things for my cheeks? That guy must have forgotten to eat his crazy pill or something. Who said I need things to be even up? I might be crazy but I'm not insane.

As I got into my house, a sudden wave of memories came crushing back at me: Spencer.

The moment when the memories and thoughts that you were trying to suppress comes rushing back once you let your guard down, is one of the most painful and devastating moments one can ever experience.