Vacation with Trouble

Tracing my thumb over the pretty little key chain that I'd received from Riley brought a lovesick grin to my face. "Here, Brina. I remember how much you said that you love my zombie child key chain. So, I've decided to give this to you." Riley smiled shyly, handing me his beloved zombie child key chain that I absolutely adored.

"Thank you, Riley. I can't believe you would actually give this to me." I tip-toed and placed a gentle peck on his cheeks before flashing him my toothy smile. He had no idea how much this meant to me, even if it was just a small trinket.

Right then, I promised myself that I'd let nothing happen to the little baby, and it had always been with me wherever I went. There's just something about this little key chain that brought so much joy out of me. It might be because it was directly linked to Riley and I was just a little too attached to him.

"Hey pumpkin, time to go," My dad snapped me out of my little reverie. "We have a early flight to catch if you want to go to California." He ruffled my hair, showing me a bright smile. Going to the Disneyland at California had always been a dream of mine, and finally after years of persuasion and luck, my dad finally agreed to let me visit Disneyland. It also helped that he's finally done with the project that he'd been tasked to do for work. What made everything even better was that I got to meet my childhood friend, Evelyn, there and spend 3 days 2 nights with her.

I was bouncing up and down, inwardly squealing with delight and happiness though I wouldn't be able to see and chat with Riley. My dad had made this whole trip an anti-gadget holiday so that we would be able to spend more quality time together and not have modern technology as a distraction. I'd begged my dad to stop this plan but he said that either I complied or he'd stop the trip from happening since we wouldn't be really spending father-daughter time together. Not that we were really going to in the first place because I was going to meet my friend.

But hey, it had been forever since I last saw her. She moved away to California a few years ago and the only time I could see her were when she was coming to visit me or I was going to visit her. And since I didn't usually go to California, it was essential that I met her there.

I quickly typed a long farewell message to Riley, adding a few emojis that was irrelevant to the message that I'm sending so that the embarrassment that I felt would be lesser compared to those mushy emojis. I was never really good with showing my emotions. Whenever I felt that I expressed too much, I cringe a little more inside.

After sending my text and making sure that it was both sweet and funny -- I guess -- at the same time, I handed my phone to my father and got ready for our journey.

"Wake up, munchkin. We've reached." My dad shook my shoulders, trying to wake me up from my 2 hours nap that I received on the plane -- which was a miracle.

"Are we really here?" A smile slowly spread across my face, looking at my dad with a hopeful glint in my eyes.

"Yes, munchkin. Come on, up you go. We need to check in before we go have fun." Pulling me up from my seat, dad helped me to grab all my items before pushing me out of the plane. It was heartwarming to know that my dad was as hyped about the trip as I was.

"This room is just so..." I was rendered speechless at how awesome, edgy and modern this hotel room looked like in Disneyland Hotel. The floor was covered with a royal blue carpet with swirly patterns printed on it, the wooden headboard above the beds is carved with the Disneyland famous princess castle with fireworks exploding, a cream colored sofa is placed in front of the beds, all of the furniture in the room is made with dark wood, the walls have a soft eggshell wallpaper, it had an amazing view and to top it off, the bed has a throw pillow stitched with a phrase from one of the Disney movies.