Good Bye Zombie Child!

So, the day had finally came. School. The only word that stroke fear to millions of students around the world -- or was it just me? I was standing there, in my room, thinking if I should really go to school. The word reluctant itself wasn't able to describe how I felt. Taking in a long, deep breath, I finally found my courage to get out of my house and carry on with life.

I've got to face him sooner or later, right? I just wish that it could have been later.

"Come on, inner self. Let's fist bump and face this motherfucker. Yeah," I mumbled to myself, mentally fist bumping my inner self as a form of encouragement for me. Hey, a girl needs a push and an inner fist bump for her to face the day's challenges.

One of the thing I hate most about breaking up with Riley and being more of an enemy than friends with him was that, I didn't have a ride to school and I needed to either walk all the way to school or take the yellow bus ride of doom. Which senior honestly took the school bus? Probably a lot but you are just too scared to mingle with people. "What's the use of having a driver's license if I couldn't use it?" I quietly grumbled to myself, pushing my excuse of a hair behind my ear.

"Here comes the doom ride, as punctual as always," I sighed, getting onto the bus, carefully maneuvering to the back of the bus to find myself a 'nice' and 'comfy' seat. Lord forbid me walking to school with the heat starting to appear.

Thinking that the bus ride couldn't get any worse, I was instantly proved wrong with the arrival of Riley Sparrows, boarding the bus. "Oh come on! You have a stinking car yet you just have to ride the bus today? Not any other day but today?" I inwardly groan, slamming my head onto the back of the seat.

Just act natural and don't do anything that calls out for attention. Pretend you didn't see him and continue doing whatever you were doing. Do not stare, do not make any eye contact and do not make any single sound.

"Ahchoo!" I sneezed out loud with mucus coming out at the same time. "Fuck!" I groaned, quickly trying to wipe away all the excess snort. Just great, Sabrina. Just great.

---

Let's just say that the rest of the bus ride was rather eventful. Right after my big sneeze, everyone turned to stare at me and started laughing when they saw me fumbling around my bag to find a packet of tissue paper. Riley even decided to throw in a couple of nice words about the entire thing that had happened. Wow, Riley. Thanks for being such an awesome friend. 

Right after I got off the bus, I quickly scurried to my locker to store all of my things and grab the books needed for the next lesson before finding Summer.

"Summer!" I shouted, waving my hand up in the air while dashing towards her. "Oh my god, I have so many things to tell you."

"Wait, before you tell me anything, I would like you to meet my boyfriend. Andrew."

I quickly halted all of my actions and stood in front of her, dumbfounded. "Boyfriend?" I squeaked, looking at the guy that had captured her heart.

"Boyfriend." She confirmed, nodding her head.

Gosh, did everyone magically get a boyfriend or girlfriend during the break while I broke with mine? How was that even fair?

"Ni..Nice to meet you Andrew," I stuttered, unable to believe that my best friend had gotten herself a boyfriend during the break.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. I'm sorry. So, what do you want to tell me?" Summer shyly smiled, looking down at the ground.