Unexpectations

School was tough, boring and long. I was only back in school for a week but I felt like it had already been a year -- time passed that slowly. I didn't know how long more I could withstand before I collapsed from exhaustion. As if it wasn't enough having to study for 8 hours a day, I still had to look at Riley flirt shamelessly with any girl around him or chat with any girl on message. How did I know, you ask, well, someone stalked him on Twitter and that someone found out.

I know stalking seemed beneath the whole "I don't give a fuck" act but I was so damn curious. And I was so desperate to pick at that scab. 

Everything had gone down hill ever since the break. Nothing seemed to go up and everything that happened, seemed to pull down my spirits even more. I was almost up to the point of screaming my ass off and just flipping the god damn tables and getting out of that hellhole. I wanted to be free of studying, book and torture. Where's my god damn freedom? Wasn't this supposed to be a free country? I demand my god damn freedom!

"I can't believe that I need to sit with you, again, from tomorrow onwards." Riley came over to my table to grumble his unhappiness, messing his hair up in frustration.

There was a little switch in the seating arrangement again because of how distracted Riley was. Because I seemed to have the least contact with him again, the teachers who taught the both of us, decided that they should place him next to me. Again! Why was I so unlucky. I was trying to stop picking on the god damn scab for heaven's sake!

"Well, I'm sorry. It's not like I have any control over who I want to sit with." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "It's not like I want to sit with you," I added.

"The feeling's mutual then." He nodded, turning around to go mingle with another girl. You've got to be kidding me.

----

I really liked nights where I was able to talk to my classmates and have a good laugh no matter how tiring the day had been.

*One new message from Riley Sparrow*

Riley? What? Did he send it to the wrong person?

| What's up with your twitter icon? |

| Are you lost? Are you okay? |

| I'm not lost and I'm okay. Why? And you havent answer my question! |

| Because, nvm. I find the picture amazingly hilarious, that's why I used it. Don't you think that it's the funniest thing, ever? |

| No, it's weird and disturbing. Just like you. |

| Why, thank you. I'm glad that the picture has captured my essence. |

Just like that, we started chatting for the whole night just like the good old times. 

I was beyond shocked. What was he even trying to do? Did he realise that I might be moving on and decided that he couldn't allow it to happen? Or was he just bored out of his mind and decided that it would be fun to mess with the my head after messing with my heart?

Not that I was really complaining. To be honest, I really did miss how we used to be. And I was sort of glad that he's chatting me up. Being able to go through the experience again felt normal. Or as normal as I could feel at that moment. I really thought that he wanted nothing that had to do with me anymore. But I should maybe look at the bright side. He might had a change of heart and decided that he wanted to make amends. I mean, he could make amends in a lot of different ways. It wasn't necessary to patch things up with me again. But he could take the first step. Which he did.