t h r e e

Chapter 3: It's Not Weird, It's Cool

Kylie's POV

Waking up the next morning felt almost like any normal day, but then I remembered that there was a douche in the room a few feet away from mine, changing my mood from fine to horrible in a matter of seconds.

After completing my normal morning routine, I slid into my outfit of the day which included a maroon long sleeved shirt, skinny jeans, and beige flats. I chose to let my brown wavy hair fall loose instead of tying it up or straightening it. I grabbed my school bag and opened the door. Just as I was about to walk down the hallway I bumped into someone.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, stumbling back.

Fortunately for me, I looked up to see Andrew instead of another shirtless Grayson. "Sorry about that, Kylie. I didn't see you there." He was wearing a suit just like the one he wore yesterday when he arrived.

I brushed the invisible dirt off my sleeves and forced a smile. "It's alright."

I walked down the hallway, Andrew followed after me and I made my way into the kitchen. I made myself a bowl of cereal, taking a seat at the table. Mom was wearing her work clothes like she did every week. She was drinking her coffee and reading a book that I had introduced to her. Andrew made himself a cup of coffee and joined us at the table. I handed him today's newspaper which was sitting on my side of the table.

"Thank you, Kylie." he smiled.

I gave him a small smile. "No, problem-o."

Andrew chuckled and my breath hitched.
There was something about the way that he laughed that made my heart race anxiously. Like a part of me was being introduced to this sense of familiarity and comfort that I wanted to drown myself in. If I closed my eyes, the sound would echo and I could see my dad sitting in front of the tv watching America's Funniest Home Videos with a big bowl of popcorn, my brother and I sitting on either side of him, bursting out in laughter.

Oh, I miss him.

I focused on gulping down my cereal to distract myself and when I finished I didn't waste any time oin getting out of there. "Bye Mom," I said, kissing her cheek. "I'll see you later, love you."

"Alright, have a good day at school. I love you too." She called after me and I rushed out of the room.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my keys. I was about to walk out the door only to be pulled back in with force. My body was turned around and I looked up to see a frowning a**hole.

"Good morning Sunshine!" I grinned at him, faking enthusiasm. "Sleep well?"

His frown deepened if that was even possible and he pinched at the bridge of his nose. "Please shut up. You're peppy voice and happy aura is giving me a major headache."

I killed the enthusiasm and arched an unamused brow. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to make sure that I made myself clear yesterday." he said, folding his arms.

I puffed out my chest and folded my arms. "I wanted to make sure that I made myself clear yesterday." I mocked, making my voice deeper.

It was his turn to glare at me, unamused. "Obviously it didn't if you're acting like this." He gestured at me then grabbed my arm. "Don't tell anyone w live together and stay out of my way. I do not want to make myself clear again."

"I'm leaving." I rolled my eyes, and pulled out of his grip.

"It's only six o'clock." He muttered.