t w e n t y f i v e

Chapter 25: Being Cuffed is Tough

Grayson pushed the kitchen door open and I walked in behind him with a smile.

"Hi guys," I beamed.

Cameron and Jane's conversation stopped immediately as they stared at us, wide eyed.

"Y-you got out already?" Jane stuttered.

"Did you think we wouldn't be able to?" Grayson asked, walking behind the two of them placing either arm on the backs of  their chairs.

"We thought that you might've taken a whole lot longer." Cameron admitted. I could sense the slight tension in his body with Grayson behind him.

I walked up to him slowly until I was standing beside him

"We had a goal!" I shouted, throwing a finger into his face causing him to flinch.

He stared at my hand then pushed it away. "Congratulations."

"Yes," I grinned turning to one of the pantries. "And to celebrate our success, we're baking cookies."

"Yeah, right," Jane chuckled. "The two of you baking cookies together? That normally doesn't happen until after the entire week is over."

Sometimes (meaning right now) I wonder how I'm friends with these people. They always seem to doubt my capabilities as a person. I'm not even going to talk about the stunt they pulled earlier. How rude could they be? Disrespectful... Disgrace amongst humans everywhere. How dare they treat me, a queen, like garbage.

"What can we say, you've seemed to have underestimated how close we've grown." Grayson smirked.

"You two haven't even passed day one yet." Jane said. "Kylie did all the thinking and looking. You just sat there the entire time and only struggled when it came time to get the box."

"And how do you know that?" Grayson asked.

"We have eyes everywhere." Cameron said and they both smirked at each other.

SPIES!

"You put cameras in my house?" I asked, disbelief taking over.

"How else are we supposed to watch and make fun of the both of you?" He laughed and they high fived.

"The two of you are demented." I shook my head. "I don't know how to feel right now."

"You should feel afraid," Jane said. "Very afraid."

I laughed in her face. "You're funny." I looked at Grayson, whose lip was quirked up at the corner of his mouth. "She's funny." I said, and he nodded. "You should really be a comedian."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, go and make your cookies. It'll be the last thing you do with both hands free."

Right when I was about to ask what she meant by that, Grayson grabbed Cameron by the arms and pulled him off the chair. Jane was quick to act and jumped at Grayson, yanking him off her brother who Grayson pushed towards me.

I smiled at him and laughed nervously. "Hey, Cam, what 'cha been up to?"

He gave me a boyish grin and lunged at me. I quickly dodged him.

When did this turn into an action movie!?

I screamed in my head as I slid across the floor, got up behind Cameron and grabbed both of his arms before he could turn around, putting him into an arm lock. He grunted and fought against me, trying to break out.

When I looked at Grayson and Jane, I could see Jane had the upper hand. She was crying. CRYING. And Grayson was just standing there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.