n i n e

Chapter 9: Dead Serious

Kylie's POV

Jake pulled into the empty space beside my jeep. The cafe was now closed and the parking lot was completely empty.

I'm sure that the employee that locked up thought it was strange only one vehicle was in the lot with absolutely no one around. It might've been creepy too. Just imagine seeing another car in the lot besides your own, but there's no one around that you see who could possibly own the vehicle. The owner could be watching you from afar or planning a sneak attack on you or something.

"I had fun today," Jake said, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I beamed at him. "I did too. Thank you for everything."

"It will always be my pleasure, Kylie."

"I loved your sister, by the way."

"I knew you would." He laughed, shaking his head.

"What happened to her being annoying?" I asked a playful smile on my lips.

He rolled his eyes. "You may not have seen it then, but trust me, you will eventually."

I shook my head and laughed. "Goodnight, Jake."

I reached for the handle, but was soon stopped.

"Wait, let me get it for you."

I watched as he got out of his jeep and rushed to my side and opened the door. He held his hand out for me to take. I took it and he helped me down.

"Thanks," He returned with a boyish grin.

He looked up at the sky. "Look at all those stars."

I had to admit it was amazing. The moon was shining bright and the sky was full of stars. Lots and lots of them.

"It's beautiful," I said, then laughed lightly. "But I think I'm more of a bright blue skies with perfectly white puffy clouds type of person. I think clouds are a beautiful wonder."

"I think you're more beautiful than the sky full of stars and perfectly white puffy clouds combined."

I looked away from the sky and up at him. He was staring at me with a calm look in his eyes and a small breathtaking smile on his face.

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks for the hundredth time today.

I smiled back at him. "Goodnight, Jakey."

I unlocked my jeep and when I was about to hop in he grabbed my arm softly. I looked into his eyes and swiftly and gently I kissed him.

No not on the lips, but close to it. I softlt pecked the area right between his lips and his cheek.

His smile never left as he softly whispered a goodnight to me.

I drove home in silence. The happy kind of silence.

I was beginning to like Jake more and more. He put butterflies in my stomach and blushes on my cheeks. He was an amazing person inside and out.

Hopefully, something great comes out of this hang out.

The next day

"Good morning Gray!" my mom greeted as soon as Grayson stepped into the kitchen while I let out a gag.

He looked up from his phone and flashed her a smile. "Good morning Kar." He then looked at me when my mom left the room and flipped me off.

I simply made a face at him and returned back to eating my delicious breakfast.