Chapter 4

I just sat there watching it was like my body was paralyzed. I watched them interact with each other the way he looked at her he looked at me the same way. I was quickly pulled out of my daze.

"Lamar!" Courtney yelled snapping her fingers in my face.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked looking concerned. I couldn't let her know I just had to play it off.

"Nothing I'm fine." I said forcing a smile on to my face she just nodded skeptically. She looked towards the shoe store her eyes lighting up. Oh god I hope she doesn't.

"Omuhgawd is that Terrell from high school?" She asked walking into the store I had no choice but to follow behind her. She tapped him on his shoulder he quickly turned around giving her a hug his whole demeanor changed when he saw me I just looked at the ground.

"Long time no see huh?" Courtney asked him.

"Yeah I've been pretty busy." Tuh yeah pretty busy banging other bitches behind my back.

"And who is this baddie?" Courtney asked refering to the girl latched on to his arm. She was pretty that's what made things even worse I knew I couldn't compete.

"This is my girlfriend Jade." He answered. Those words "my girlfriend" they hurt it felt like somebody had shoved a knife in my stomach. I couldn't stand here and listen to this I had to go. I quickly left the store making my way to the nearest bathroom. I went straight a stall letting all the tears I'd been holding flood my face. I heard the bathroom door open then shut and lock "mar you in there?" Thank God it was Courtney I unlocked the stall door she came in seeing the tears on my face she just hugged me. She was the only person I could be this vulnerable with she knew I was hurting really bad because I rarely cry. I just wanted to dissappear. "Can we go?" I asked she nodded her head we made our way out of the mall. I've never endured so much emotional pain in one whole day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been five whole days since I found out my supposed boyfriend was cheating on me. I kept listening to same sad songs over and over again. I layed in bed staring at the ceiling wondering why? Why wasn't I good enough? Why couldn't he tell me? Why lie? I had so many questions. I had to put my phone one airplane mode because he kept calling but what for? How could he explain himself? Where would we go from here? I was slightly curious to hear him out but I'm not quite sure if I'm ready . I turned my phone off airplane mode I had 102 text messages and 85 missed calls I didn't even bother checking the text messages. I was about to put my phone down when it started to ring bae with the heart emoji popped up up on the screen. I was hesitant to answer but before I knew it I had swiped the answer button.

"Hello?" I missed the sound of his voice so much.

"Um hello." I said my voice barely audible.

"Lamar baby I'm sorry baby ju-"I cut him off mid sentence.

"Why? Why couldn't you just tell me?" I asked voice trembling.

"It's really not what it looked like." That was officially the oldest excuse in the fucking book.

"Then what did I see then huh Terell?"

"Baby she's just a cover up." By now I was highly confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"I didn't want people questioning me about my sexuality so I'm using her as a cover up."

"What the fuck Terell? Don't you think you should have told me something like that?" I asked in pure irritation.

"I know babe look I'm sorry I just don't want you mad at me anymore."

"Wateva Terell I need some time to think."

"That's fine take all the time you baby I just want you to know I love you." I could hearthe sincerity in his voice. I didn't even way it back I just hung up it's not like I dont love him anymore I'm just hurt and angry right now I need time I don't know how much but I need it. I was about to turn my phone back on airplane mode when a unknown number popped up on the screen. I usually don't answer random numbers but hey what is there to loose? I swiped the button accepting the call.

"Um hello?" I said into the phone.

"Um hi is this Lamar? A familiar deep voice said.

"Uh hey it's Eli from the store your cousin Courtney I think gave me your number."

"Of course she did." I mumbled

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing I'm sorry I'm just not having the best day."

"Oh wanna talk about it?"he asked I found it kinda cute how he was so eager to here me talk about my problems.

"Um yeah I rather not right now.

"That's fine just know I'm always here to talk to."

"Thanks but I think I'll be ok."

"Wow you're still brushin me of after all these years." I frowned my face up in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"You don't remember?"

"Remember what exactly?" I asked still confused.

"East wood high ring any bells?" That's the name of my high school I thought to myself wait Eli the name sounded familiar. It took me awhile to realize it.

"Eli Anderson?"

"Yep that's me." He said with a deep chuckle. Eli was one of my best friends in high school he was one of the only people who knew I was gay. Towards the end of the school year he moved and I never really kept in contact.

"Wow I didn't even recognize you."

"Yeah I gained a little weight and started working out."

"So what posessed you to take my number?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well when saw you I remembered how big of a crush I had on you and I wanted to see how you we're doing."

"Really? I never new."

"Yeah I figured that you we're always with that Terrell guy."

"Ugh yeah I sure was." I said rolling my eyes like he could see me.

"Well we have a lot to catch up on."

"Yeah we really do."

"When are you free?"

"Whenever you are."

"How bout Friday around 5?"

"Sure."

"Well see you then."

"Bye." with that I hung up the phone I was kinda excited to see Eli again it had been so long since we'd actually talked to one another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait guys

I feel like this chapter was to long

Please comment I love getting ur opinions

Dont forget to vote

Eli in the mm with his fine chocolate self. <3