Chapter 16

"Did you take my dip brow!?"

     "No." I lied. Me and Courtney were getting ready for this "double date" and I refuse to be the only one with their face beat. We're supposed to meet at blue crab or whatever you call the place with the good biscuits. It took a lot of thinking to get me to go. Courtney just wants me to meet this dude so he can move in with us. Every time I  repeat the situation in my head it sounds dumber and dumber. Oh well I've already started baking so it's to late to turn back now. Hopefully Eli being there will help me to relax. I walked into my room going straight to my closet. Hmmm? What to wear? I wanna be more conservative tonight. Should I look like a hoe? Or a fashionable hoe? I like the second one better.

"Mar are you dressed?!" Courtney yelled from bellow.

"Almost." I quickly put on a outfit. I walked back into the bathroom to finish my face. When I was done I went downstairs.

"Let's get this show on the road." I exclaimed clapping my hands heading to the door.

     I of course was forced to drive, but I didn't mind I loved having control over the radio anyway. I kept changing the channel because I kept hearing the same five songs every time. This was beginning to get redundant. I etopped turning when I heard my song come on.

Bad thang, fine as hell, thick as fuck
Oh my god, that's my baby
Caroline, you divine
Mighty fine
Shawty really blow the pipe (that's true)
Like a pro
Fuck you thought
Holy shit, I'm really lit

I sang loud as fuck. It's something about this song that gets me turnt.

"Can you let him sing the song?" Courtney asked frowning her face up at me. I swear hoes be so jelly these days. Before I could continue singing and annoy the hell out of her the song was already over. She's so lame. After that we had arrived at the restaurant we both did quick mirror checks. I was about to get out of the car  but I was quickly stopped by Courtney grabbing my arm.

"Look I know you you don't like the idea of this but just please keep an open mind." She begged. I gave her a slight nod letting her know I would, but I wasn't making any promises. We walked in the restaurant my nose was immediately filled with the smell of seafood. I looked around to spot a tank full of lobsters. They look like sea roaches I can't believe people eat that. I was taken out of my thoughts by a tap on my shoulder. I turned atound to be met with Courtney pearly whites in my face.

"Lamar this is Jamil, Jamil this is Lamar." She pointed back and forth introducing us. God.Diggity.Damn. If there was one thing Courtney had it was good taste. This boy was a literal snack. From his strong jawline to the soft curls that layed on top of his head. He was definitely winning in the looks department,  but I wasn't sure about his personality just yet. It felt weird with it judt being the three of us I quickly texted Eli to see if he was on his way.

Where are u? Ur supposed to b here

Idk if I can make it

Excuse meh?

I got a few extra hours at work

O :/

Look I'll make it up to you this weeked I promise

Ig...

And with that I ended the conversation. He owed me. Big time. Now I'm gonna be third wheeling for the rest of the night. So fun. The hostess brought us to our table and told us our waiter would be coming soon. I scanned the menu I could feel Courtney's eyes burning a hole through the menu I held up.

"Where's Eli?" She asked. The one question I didn't want to answer.

"He wasn't able to make it." I answered with a fake smile. The air at the table was a mix of awkard and cheap cologne and I knew it wasn't me. I interrupted the silence by sparking conversation with Jamal or wateva his name was.

"Sooo what are your intentions with my cousin hmmm?" I asked propped my elbows up on the table.

"Well I plan in growing and having a healthy family and relationship with her." Wow that was good. I nodded my head in approval. Soon the waiter came taking our order. I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu. I sure as hell wasn't paying for it so hey. Why not?So far Jamil seemed nice, educated and handsome it was like he was perfect.. to perfect. I had been asking questions and getting full off of cheddar biscuits the whole night until something specific crossed my mind.

"Is there any other place you can stay besides with like a relative of some sort?" I asked. I was distracted from my own question by Courtney kicking me in my shin. Bitch. I know I came off as kind of harsh, but I was just so use to it  just being me and Courtney and having a whole new person including the  a baby will definitely change everything.

"Well I was living with my aunt , but she passed away so then I went to live with my cousin , he moved to California. " he answered amusingly. Welp there goes that. I'm still not sure about the this random ass negro being in my house but I guess I can compromise.

"Just so ya'll know I'm takin these biscuits to go."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter was eh

The next one will definitely be better

What do think about Jamil?

Dont forget to vote and I love reading comments from you guys