Chapter 23

Have you ever went through something really emotionally draining and try to brush it off like it's nothing?
Well I haven't. Here I am my tear stained face deep in my third carton of ice cream watching charmed on Netflix. It had been almost a whole month since the chaos with Courtney. No call no text not even a damn email I was always checking my phone waiting to here from her but, I got nothing. It's like I lost a long term friend every time  something happened I couldn't go and confide in her about it. I felt pretty lonely at this point. Thank god for ice cream or I don't know where I'd be right now.

"Is that your third carton?" Eli asked walking into the room seeing me on his comfy black couch.

"Maybe." I mumbled with a mouth full of cookie dough.

"Bae I know you're still upset but you gotta either make things right or move on and eating ice cream and watching TV all day isnt gonna solve anything."

"Now that's where you're wrong Piper is a very wise woman you could learn a thing or two from her." I stated matter-of-factly.  Of course I received a dead panned look from Eli. He can never take a joke.

"Ok ok you're right from now on I'll stop moping around and get back on with me life!" I exclaimed standing up from the couch and putting my fist in the air. Just as quickly as I stood up I went right back down from dizziness and another wave of depression. Well the that lasted long.

"At least I tried." I said shrugging my shoulder crawling back into my cave of sadness.

"Nah you're not getting off that easy get up and get dressed." He commanded.

"Um sorry but I have a couch to keep company so maybe next time." I say turning my gaze towards the TV.

"Lamar." He said my name in such seriousness it almost made me actually get up but, wheres the fun in that?

"What?" I ask still watching Piper demon kick some demon ass. I could see Eli leaving out the room from the corner of my eye. wow. That was easier than I thought. Before I knew it I was being grabbed and thrown over his shoulder.

"Uuughhhh put me down you lump nugget!" I protested. I felt his body vibrate as he chuckled. I looked down noticing his butt I gave his left cheek a hard smack which I quickly regretted. This man has bunz of steel. I massaged my hand to soothe the pain.

"That's what you get." He laughed before carelessly flopping me on his king size bed.

"Your clothes are on the bed be ready in ten." He stated leaving the room.

"You could've said please!" I yelled. Asshole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I wasn't done in ten but, we were now at the mall for what reason I have no idea but I'm not complaining. I felt kinda good to get some fresh air. It's like I hadn't left out of the house in years. We were currently in Zara one of my favorite stores. Eli of course wanted to go into dtlr. I swear men and they're jordans. I picked up this shirt of the rack that was screaming "buy me!" And thats exactly what I planned on doing. I took the shirt straight to the counter the cashier rung me up but, before I could reach for my wallet you know who's big ole gorilla hands stopped me from getting to it.

"Look I got this." He said pulling out the money.

"Can we not do this?" I asked still trying to reach for my wallet.

"You know what alright go ahead." He said lifting his hands up in surrender.

"Thank you." I said with a smug smile. I was in the process of handing the cashier my card when I heard " Lamar look" and of course me being as gullible as I am turned my head to be met with nothing. I'm officially a idiot. By the time I turned my head back around the shirt was bagged and I was being pushed out of the store. I glared up at Eli who was trying to stifle his laugh.

"Now what do you say?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"Thank you." I grumbled.

"Ant! the correct answer was the thank you big daddy." He said looking at me like I was actually gonna say that shit. He tried it.

"Don't push it." I  said still glaring at him.

"Lighten up little one." He said giving me a peck on the cheek. Of course my face turned red as a damn tomatoe. It was amazing how after all this time just a peck on the cheek still made blush. I layed myself into his chest as we walked into the next store.

    After spending an eternity in dtlr where I almost had to smack the lace front off of the girl helping him find shoes. Bitch had the nerve to ask was I his cousin and I politely responded with "are you?". We wont be going back there anytime soon. We were finally at our last stop the mac store gosh it had been so long since I'd been in this store. I felt like a little kid getting a toy so I could show it off for the rest of the day. I looked for a new matte lipstick that I was in need off. I also picked up a foundation I was looking for a certain shade of eyeshadow when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry about that." I quickly apologized.

"Its fine." The person responded back I looked up recognizing the familar voice.

"Courtney."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Idk how i feel about this chapter :/
Let me know how im doing in the comments
Don't forget to vote
Thank xoxo❤