Chapter 5

I woke up Friday actually feeling refreshed I didn't have any classes today so I basically planned on laying in bed watching Netflix all day. It was 4:15 and I was currently into the third season of Bob's burgers basically laughing my ass off when I check my phone seeing I had a text fom Eli from 3:30 saying

Hey just wanted to know if u were still coming

"Fuck." I had completely forgot about our "date". I quickly ran into the bathroom turned on the shower and began stripping myself naked and getting in. After my shower I dried and lotion my body I made my way to my closet quickly scanning it and picking out a decent outfit. I didn't have time to do my hair so I picked up a hat on the way out. The drive to the cafe wasn't that long but I hated being late to things. I finally arrived twenty minutes late. I walked in and spotted Eli at a booth I quickly sat down greeting him with a smile.

"Hi sorry I'm late." I apologized

"It's fine." He said reassuring me with his pearly white teeth. This boy was like a walking statue his skin was like nice melted dark chocolate and his smile was white enough to blind you and the boy had jawline for days. He was just perfect.

"So how's life been?" He asked well I caught my boyfriend kissing another person besides me and a girl at that so it's pretty fucking crappy of course I didn't say that out loud.

"It's pretty good I guess." I responded with a slight shrug.

"That's a lie." He said with a straight face I knew I wasn't a good liar but damn.

"What do you mean? I'm telling the truth" I said.

"No it's not I can tell by the way you didn't make eye contact." He said matter o factly. I sat there in silence looking at my hands while I twiddling my fingers.

"I'm taking a human behavior class but anyway what's really going on?" He asked looking at me. Could I tell him? I felt like I could he seemed sincere and trustworthy. "Well it's kind of a long story. " he nodeed telling me to proceed. I had told him my current situation and he just sat there starring at me.

"Well say something."

"I'm at a lost for words."

"Yep it's a lot I know."

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Your settling you're lowering your standards because you're blinded by love you don't deserve to be somebody's secret and you know it." Wow I had thought about how bad our relationship was but actually hearing it out loud wss a wake up call.

"But it's hard to let go of someone that's been there for you through so much." Me and Terrell had been together since high school I couldn't just stop loving him.

"I know trust me I do but in the end you're the one being hurt the most in the situation." He was right but I juxt didn't want us to end like this.

"He just makes me so happy. "

"Then find other things that make you happy you were happy before him so I'm sure you'll be happy now." I of course took his advice into consideration.

"I'm scared I'm scared I wont find anyone he's been the only boyfriend I've ever had."

"Seriously? Have you seen yourself you're one of the most cute, sweet and down to earth guy I know I'm pretty sure you won't have to look to far." He said giving me a sly smirk making me blush.

"So what exactly are you ensenuating?" I asked

"Well all I'm sayin is one man's trash is another man's treasure." He said looking at me biting his lips. Lawd this boy is something else. I cleared my throat getting myself together.

"Soo how are things in your life going? I asked him turning attention away from the intense atmosphere.
He had told me things we're going pretty well he was working on being a therapist obviously. He said he liked hearing peoples problems and seeing them walk away happy. I found it kinda cute how enjoyed helping other people and putting a smile on there face. It actually brightened my mood talking to Eli keeping my mind off off the negative things in my life making me laugh and smile which I hadn't done in awhile.

It was currently seven o'clock we'd been talking for a whole two hours. It was amazing how we had a lot of things in common it's like we couldn't get bored with each other.

"Well this was fun but I have somewhere to be later so maybe we can set up another date." He said getting up from the booth.

"Yeah I'd like that a lot." We made our way to the door as he walked me to my car.

"Well I guess this is goodbye for now."

"Yep it was fun talking to you Lamar."

"Thanks you too." We just sat there staring at each other for awhile I cleared my throat breaking the silence.

"Well bye." And with that I was in my car. I didn't want to admit it just yet but Eli made me feel good to good I knew I wasn't ready to date yet but he was definitely an option.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got home I walked in the door to be greeted with loud music blasting and the smell of a flatiron. I walked upstairs into the bathroom seeing my ratchet ass cousin straighten her hair while twerking to trap music. Fix it jesus.

"Yayy you're home!" She shouted

"Ok yes I'm home what do you want?" I asked her folding my arms.

"Why do always assume I want something?"

"Because you're Courtney that's why."

"Ok ok damn soo would you like to join me?"

"Join you where?"

"A party." She said with puppy dog eyes. Oh hell no I am not and I repeat not going to any type of party.

"No" I said turning around walking to my room but of course I was stopped my Courtney wrapping herself around my leg.

"Mar mar pweeeeaaasssseeeeee!." She whined still not letting go.

"Ok damn fine I'll go." I finally agreed

"Yes it's going to be liiittttt!" What have I gotten myself into?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I felt like this was to long

Hope u liked

I was kinda hesitant on updating this book because I don't get much feedback from u guys so please comment and let me know if you enjoy reading this or not

Dont forget to vote

Next chapter things get a bit outta hand

Stay tuned ;)