Chapter 11

"Sorry about tonight." I apologized to Eli. I didn't want our little date to end but, Courtney's call seemed really important.

"It's fine things happen." He reassured me.

"Thanks for being so understanding." I said giving him a quick peck on the cheek before getting out of the car. I walked up to my front porch knocking on the door. It quickly opened and I was quickly pulled in. "What the hell is going on?" I asked in frustration. Courtney was obviously out of it but I didn't know why. "Follow me." She commanded making her way up the stairs. I quickly followed her up the steps into the bathroom.

"Can you just tell me what's going on?" I exclaimed.

"Well you know how girls have a friend that comes around every month?"she asked. Of course being the dumbass I am it took me awhile to figure out what she was talking about. I nodded in response to her question.

"Well this month my friend forgot to stop by." Is she trying to tell me what I think she's trying to tell me? It can't be. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. I mean I'm happy as fuck about having a niece or nephew but I don't know if I can handle living with a pregnant woman.

"So what you're telling meis that you're pregnant?"

"Yeessss."

"Like with a baby?"

"Yes, I'm pretty sure that's how it works." She said rolling her eyes. I went over to hug her but she quickly stopped me with her hand.

"But there's one more thing." Oh yaaay a plot twist. I stepped back waiting for her to let me know this "one more thing".

"I kinda sorta dont know who the father is."

"What!?" How in the hell?

"Look so far I've narrowed it down to two people."

"That doesn't make it any better!"

"I know but screaming isn't gonna help!" I thought about it for a minute and she was right screaming wasn't going to help. I was just so frustrated yes Courtney had times where she was irresponsible but this was on a whole new level.

"Ok look I'm sorry for yelling but this day has been full of a bunch of twist and turns I'm just tryna rap my head around all of this."

"Mar I know it's a lot but once I find out who the father is hopefully he'll take care of it with me and everything will be fine."

"But what if he doesn't?" I hated to bring it up but these days niggas weren't to keen on dropping everything to take care of a baby.

"Well if he doesn't then I guess I'll just raise it on my own."

"No your not."

"What do mean?"she asked.

"You wont be on your own because you'll have me here with you." She sprang up from her seat to give me hug.

"I love you so much!"

"Yeah yeah yeah I love you too." I replied hugging her back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hell no put it back."

"But it's so cuuuuttteee!"

"I don't care how cute it is do you see how much it cost?" I asked Courtney showing her the price of the stroller she picked out. We were currently in the mall browsing for baby things in the store. Of course Courtney picked the fanciest overpriced one.

"You're know funnnn." She whined as I pulled her away from the stroller.

"Oh get over yourself." I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at her. Dramatic ass. In the midst of me struggling to get out of the store I was distracted by a tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to be met with a broad chest I looked up to see a familiar pearly white smile. I let go of Courtney's arm allowing her to run back in the store. At this point I didn't even care.

"Sooo what brings you here?" I tried starting off the conversation.

"I was coming from work and I wanted to stop by the food court for lunch."

"Ohhh yeaahh I forgot you work here." I mentally palmed myself in the forehead.

"You wanna join me?" He asked nodding his head towards the food court. I snuck a quick peek of Courtney still observing things in the store.

"Sure why not?" I agreed. We both made our way to the food court. My eyes instantly went to the chick-fil-a sign. I swiftly walked towards the restaurant with my wallet around my wrist. I ordered my food which didn't take long. I payed for the meal put it in my tray then searched for Eli. Saw him wave for me at a table near by. I quickly sat down before unwrapping my chicken sandwich and dug in. While devouring my meal I heard a chuckle from across the table. I turned my focus towards Eli to see him starring at me.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"It's nothing." He chuckled. What the hell is so funny?

"Tell meeee." I whined.

"Ok ok you look like a chipmunk with your mouth full of food like that." He said busting out laughing. Really nigga? I rolled my eyes mocking his laugh making him laugh even more. I'd be mad as hell if his laugh wasn't so sexy. I finally finished my food seeing that he was already done.

"What are you up to Saturday?" He asked before leaning forward in his chair.

"Nothin that I can think of at the moment."

"Well good cus I'm taking you out."

"No your not."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm taking you out." I said matter-of-factly. I could tell by his face he was surprised.

"You're full of tricks huh?" He asked crossing his arms. He was obviously amused by my change of plans.

"More than you know." He smirked at my response.

"Well I guess it's a date."

"I guess it is. I'll pick you up at 6." I said with a wink. I walked away making sure I switched a little bit more so he could see the goodz.

"Goddamn." I heard him whisper. I walked into the store where I left Courtney to see her still shopping.

"Where'd you go?"

"I was just handling some business."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked this chapter

Please comment your feedback

Dont forget to vote