two

Jimin had watched Yoongi and Hoseok as they worked, and if the older boy wasn't aware of how much Hoseok liked him then he had to be as blind as a bat. Hoseok seemed to never stop looking at Yoongi, whether it was out of the corner of his eye, or full on when Yoongi's back was turned.

         It was silent as Yoongi walked Jimin to their shared apartment building, and Jimin was practically dying to ask Yoongi about his and Hoseok's relationship. Yoongi noticed the younger boy striding lightly on his feet, something about his gait telling Yoongi there was something he wanted to talk about. "Out with it, then."

       Jimin looked over at Yoongi, his eyes wide. "What?"

       "There's obviously something you want to talk about, so go ahead and talk. I don't mind." Yoongi said. Jimin nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets. He wasn't really sure where to start. Should he ask Yoongi how he feels about Hoseok? Should he come right out and say he's Cupid's assistant and—

No. Seokjin's voice rang through Jimin's head and the boy flinched at the sudden intrusion into his brain. Ask him about his job.

"So I heard some of the lyrics you and Hoseok were coming up with today... Do you like writing music? Is it hard to come up with lyrics all the time?" Jimin asked, looking over at Yoongi. The older boy seemed almost surprised at Jimin's question, but once the shock wore off his face lit up and his eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement.

"Sometimes my job is tiring, yeah, but I love it. Music is my passion, and being able to write raps for artists and hear my beats mixed into songs... it just," Yoongi smiled to himself and shook his head. "It makes me happy. And coming up with lyrics for other people's songs is hard, only because a lot of the time the raps I write for myself are based on my life, so it's sometimes hard to grasp the concept of what other people want for their songs." Yoongi took a breath and opened his mouth to keep talking, until he shut it abruptly and shook his head at himself. "Sorry, I'm rambling."

       "No, it's alright, keep talking." Jimin urged, a smile on his face. Yoongi looked at him, thinking about how strange the new person in town was. He literally crash landed out of nowhere onto the pavement and didn't even seem bothered by the pints of blood flowing out of him. He also didn't seem to mind sitting on the couch in the recording studio and staring at a wall for hours on end. And now he was asking Yoongi about something that had nothing to do with himself and seemed actually interested in what Yoongi had to say. Jimin wasn't a bad type of odd, he was just odd.

       "No, tell me something about yourself." Jimin seemed apprehensive, like he wasn't sure what could possibly be interesting enough to share. "Why'd you come to Seoul?"

       "To help a friend out with something." Jimin answered. Of course, when he actually needed him, Seokjin wasn't in his head to tell him what to say. Yoongi fell quiet at the vague answer, but Jimin didn't want the conversation to die. "So Hoseok seems nice."

       "Yeah, he is." Yoongi seemed to be zoning out, so Jimin let the conversation drop. They arrived at their apartment complex quickly after that, and Jimin felt around his pockets for a key. Of course, he wasn't sure which apartment he'd be staying in, but Seokjin had come through with everything else so far, he didn't think this should be an exception. Yoongi watched as Jimin practically groped himself looking for his apartment key.

After what seemed like forever, finally Jimin's frantic fingers pressed up against a cool metal key in his back pocket. He pulled it out and grinned with triumph. Engraved into the metal were the numbers 1013, Jimin's new apartment number. (And coincidentally his birthday. Jimin wondered if Seokjin did that on purpose.)