thirty

Jimin let Seokjin wipe of his jacket again, let him fuss over his hair and outfit and bag until, finally, he felt calmer. Seokjin stepped back and sent Jimin an apologetic smile, and Jimin just grinned back at him. He didn't mind being fussed over, not when in less than an hour he'd be back with Yoongi, back at home.

       "A-are you ready, then?" Seokjin asked, voice quavering. Jimin smiled at him sadly. Was he ready? Absolutely. Was Seokjin ready? Absolutely not. So Jimin shook his head and started picking at his nails. "We're all going to miss you so much, Jimin. They would kill me if they knew I was letting you go without a goodbye."

       "Can I ask you something, hyung?" Jimin asked, looking up from his hands. Seokjin nodded fervently – anything to get Jimin to stay just a little longer. "Why didn't you just tell me that you wanted me to be happy? Like, why did you have to send Tae to sabotage my mission? It kind of drove a wedge between us for a little bit and he punched me in the face after Hoseok — Hoseok. What's going to happen to Hoseok? Doesn't he deserve a happy ending too? What am I supposed to tell him? 'Sorry but Taehyung had a boyfriend all along he only dated you so I could be happy'? That's horrible, hyung!"

       "Don't worry about Hoseok, Jimin. He won't remember Taehyung. Neither of them will. He wasn't there on official business, so he didn't make any residing connections to any of the mortals–" Jimin cut him off with a quiet that's terrible and Seokjin continued. "As for the sabotaging your mission thing. Originally, Taehyung was supposed to be sent on an official mission as your matchmaker, then I realized we'd probably get into a predicament much like this one, so I called the mission off and told him to do what he could to make you happy. I had no intention of him and Hoseok getting together, it just happened."

       "How does Jungkook feel about that?" Jimin asked. He'd been wondering since he found out about Jungkook and Taehyung if Jungkook knew that, technically, Taehyung cheated on him.

       "It was for work, he understands. I'm not going to say I didn't walk in on some very angry–"

       Jimin slapped his hands over his ears. "Hyung, I don't want to know!"

       "Yelling. They were yelling, Jimin, dear god. But all is good in Taekook land now." Jimin nodded and shuffled his feet, then readjusted his book bag straps, then shuffled his feet some more. Everything he'd been wondering about Seokjin had cleared up, and now he was actually ready to go. It was early, only five thirty am, and Jimin knew somewhere in the back of his head that his friends wouldn't be up anytime soon, no matter how he hoped.

But, his friends always seemed to come through for him, or at least Namjoon, who walked into Seokjin's office dragging two very tired boys behind him. Taehyung was just barely hobbling along, his cheek smushed against Namjoon's shoulder and his mouth hanging wide open. Jungkook had taken to sleepily flittering his wings to keep him a little off the ground while he clutched to Namjoon's head to keep him steady. When Namjoon stopped walking Taehyung flopped onto the floor and Jungkook just barely landed on his feet.

"They're something else, aren't they?" Namjoon said, stepping out of the heap of limbs on the floor at his feet. He opened his arms and Jimin gave him a hug, having to stand on his toes to whisper a quiet 'take care of Seokjin hyung for me' in his ear. Namjoon blushed and nodded, and Jimin anxiously awaited the falling of glitter from his fingers, but it never came.

       "Deja vú," Jungkook said, hugging Jimin tightly. Jimin sighed and laid his head on Jungkook's shoulder. They stood there for a minute, Jungkook's tall frame looming over Jimin until Taehyung hauled himself up off the floor and started poking Jungkook in the ribs, silently asking him to move.