twenty four

exams are finally fucking over ahhhh, hello and pls welcome back updates every few days (only six chapters left though guys)
also platonic vmin makes me :')

Jimin tucked the black box under his bed and shoved some clothes in front of it, just for good measure. Then he stood up and looked himself in the mirror. Hair slightly askew, along with his tie that he wasn't exactly sure how to knot correctly so he tied it like a one-laced shoe. His shirt looked okay, his pants unwrinkled, wings hanging heavy on his back. Jimin patted them awkwardly. It'd been so long since he'd had to deal with them for more than a few hours, but he had to have them in front of the Council.

"You ready?" A quiet voice came from his doorway and Jimin turned around to see Seokjin, dressed in a button up and tie (admittedly knotted better than his own) and Jimin nodded. He wasn't ready, but he had fifteen minutes to get the council room, and at this point if he didn't run he'd probably be late.

Seokjin nodded and took off, wings fluttering slightly and Jimin shakily entered the air after him. He was out of practice, and his wings faltered every few feet, sending him dipping down and soaring up at random intervals. Jimin finally just hooked his arm with Seokjin's and let the older boy pull him along, his tired body slumping with exertion.

He'd hardly slept the night before, no matter how hard he snuggled into Yoongi's pajama pants, or tried to recall the constellations that had once littered his ceiling, he couldn't fall asleep. Not with the outcome of his entire life sitting on the horizon.

The council room was big, huge, gargantuan, even. Much bigger than Jimin had ever remembered, much more intimidating than the one he'd imagined when he thought out the scenarios of how the day would go. Jimin looked over to see his parents seated on the benches where matchmakers, and fairies were told to sit. Taehyung and Jungkook were beside them, holding their thumbs up with big grins on their faces. Seokjin patted Jimin on the back once before walking over to join them. Namjoon was on the other side of the room with the nymphs and pixies.

Jimin walked to the center of the room where there was a foldable chair waiting for him. He snorted under his breath when he sat in it, it was cheesy and cheap compared to the thrones the council members sat on, dark mahogany with gold detailing. Jimin rolled his eyes and leant back in the chair, his wings prodding uncomfortably into his back.

"Park Jimin," a voice boomed from its place on one of the thrones. Jimin jumped, immediately coming to attention as his eyes flickered around the room rapidly, looking for the voice. An old man came out from the shadows and Jimin had to pinch his thigh to get him mind back on track. He couldn't help but think that this was a lot like the suspense movies he'd watched with Yoongi. "Please come forward."

       Jimin stood up from the chair and walked forward on quaking legs, willing himself not to fall over or pass out. This was no big deal. He'd be fine.

"I assume you know why you're here?" The voice asked, and Jimin swallowed the thick lump in his throat before nodding. His eyes flickered over to Seokjin, who was moving his hands in a kind of rolling motion, and Jimin spoke despite his voice shaking with nerves.

"Yes, sir. I have failed my mission." Jimin sighed and looked at his shoes. Polished. Seokjin had made sure of it. "Once again."

"Is that all?" Jimin's head immediately swiveled towards Seokjin. It was rude to look away from the Council when on trial, but he couldn't help it. They couldn't have found out about Yoongi any other way; Seokjin must have told them. Seokjin started shaking his head, no, he didn't tell them. But then how–? "We found this in your room. They're cute, but they're not yours."