twenty seven

how do you guys feel abt jimin being forced to stay in the land of matchmakers fairies pixies and nymphs ?
[ coughs ] three chapters left

Jimin had always found Seokjin's office to be a place of wonderment. Covered in pink and fairy dust, one never knew what could pop out at them at any moment. Jimin had always thought Seokjin did this to keep his job fun and exciting, when in reality it was-

       "Namjoon, babe, please stop touching things." Jimin walked into Seokjin's office for his first day of work to see Seokjin sitting at his desk, head in his hands while Namjoon stood off to the side, covered in fairy dust with strands of glitter falling out of his finger tips in rapid succession.

"Jin I am so sorry I didn't mean to break–"

"Joon-ah, come here." Seokjin said, using one hand to summon Namjoon towards him. Seokjin scooted his chair out and Namjoon plopped right down in his lap, throwing his legs over the opposite armrest. Seokjin turned his head in his hand and smiled brightly. "Do you really think I care? You could break everything in this office and I'd be perfectly fine with it. Don't, though. Please don't break everything in my office."

"You know I never do it on purpose." Namjoon pouted slightly and Seokjin took his head out of his hand to rest his forehead against Namjoon's. There was glitter pooling in the dip where Namjoon's legs met Seokjin's and Seokjin picked some of it up and wiped on Namjoon's nose.

"You're so cute," Seokjin muttered, pressing a quick kiss to Namjoon's lips. Namjoon blushed and started stuttering under his breath and glitter shook out of his hair. Seokjin patted Namjoon's thighs, "now, hop up, I need to fix this before Jimin gets here."

Jimin fell back into the hallway to avoid being seen and waited for Seokjin's chipper, "all done!" before walking back into his office. Namjoon was hunched over on the floor trying to sweep up the glitter with his hands and Seokjin was watching him, a broom in his hand.

       "Hey, hyung." Jimin said, moving to stand next to Seokjin. Namjoon jumped, sending the few morsels of glitter he'd collected flying into the air. He let out a disgruntled sigh and went back to sweeping the glitter with his fingers for a minute until he realized the broom in Seokjin's hands. He took it with a glare.

       "So, Jimin, your first day of work, how do you feel?" Seokjin asked, wiping miscellaneous  glitter on his pants. He looked over at Jimin with a grin on his face that only faltered a little bit before straightening itself out again.

       "Like death." Jimin answered numbly. Seokjin could see why, his eyes were bloodshot and there were bags under his eyes, and his cheeks looked sunken in. All in all he just looked tired and walked all over. "But I'm fine, really. Stop looking at me like that."

       "Okay, okay, sorry. Anyway do you think you could help me carry these books back to the library?" Jimin nodded and scooped the books up into his arms and Seokjin nodded before plopping one right on the top. "And that goes back to the council room."

"Like, where the councilmen are?" Jimin asked unsurely. He wasn't quite sure he wanted to go see them so soon. Didn't want them to see just how badly he was hurting. He didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

"Well that's generally where they reside, yes." Seokjin said. Jimin deflated but nodded anyway. This was his life now, following orders blindly and making sure he does them to the best of his ability. "Or, you could just take a look and see where they are, see if the coast is clear."

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked, looking at the Great Book weighing down his arms and making his unused bicep muscles scream. Seokjin walked forward and opened the book to a random page. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little pouch of fairy dust and sprinkled it on the pages. Jimin watched as Seokjin closed his eyes and the pages started flipping wildly to and fro, until they landed on a page towards the back of the book, and on them were the faces of each council member and their whereabouts.