nine

this story is turning out not at all like i had planned – early update bc ily all
quick poll; comment answers on the section
taeseok vs taekook
yoonmin vs yoonseok
(results won't affect much, just want to know where you guys stand. all characters may end up alone who knows)

       Jimin woke up when he heard his front door slam closed and a whispered, "oh shit," that followed right after. He'd fallen asleep on the couch and groaned at the pain in his neck. Jimin sat up and saw Yoongi struggling to hang his keys on the hook, his hands full with bags and a drink carrier.

       After finally hooking the keys, Yoongi smiled triumphantly and looked towards Jimin, and smiled wider upon seeing him. Jimin assumed it was due to his probable bed head and the imprint of the sofa lining on his cheeks.

       "Good morning, sleeping beauty. It's eleven, I hope you didn't have anywhere you had to be." Yoongi said. He set down the bags and drink carrier on Jimin's coffee table and kicked off his shoes before flopping down on the couch next to Jimin. He started riffling through the bags, and handed Jimin a bright cupcake – the same kind he'd had before from the cafe down the street. "I know this isn't exactly breakfast food, but I figured you needed something to lift your spirits."

       Jimin grabbed the cupcake and licked off some of the icing from the top. "Thank you." He said quietly. Yoongi just nodded and bit into his own cupcake, and Jimin turned on the television. It was still paused on the episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashian's that they'd stopped on the night before. Kim was currently crying because of an earring she'd lost in the ocean.

       "You know, if she's as rich as I assume her to be, one earring doesn't seem like that big of a deal." Jimin said, licking the remainder of the icing off the cupcake. Jimin had a bit of it on his nose, and Yoongi couldn't decide if he should wipe it off or not. Jimin noticed him staring and rubbed his hand over his face, effectively ridding it of the icing. "God, Taehyung's horrible eating habits have rubbed off on me."

       "Speaking of," Yoongi said, shifting on the couch. Jimin looked over at him with his eyebrows raised, urging him to continue. "I talked to him this morning, he was sat outside when I left. He said that he wants to talk to you, and that he knows that you're concerned with 'getting back what you lost,' whatever that means, but he wants you to see things from his point of view."

       "He doesn't understand–" Jimin cut himself off and shook his head angrily, his hair falling in front of his eyes. "I'm not going to burden you with my problems, forget about it."

       "You can talk to me, Jimin. I've been told I'm pretty good at listening." Yoongi said. He rested his hand on Jimin's knee and the younger boy sighed, shaking his head once again and leaning forward to turn up the tv. "Well, if you ever do want to talk, I'm here."

       "Yeah, I know. Thanks, hyung." Jimin said, resting his head on the arm of the couch. He heard Yoongi say something along the lines of, "don't be silly," before his head was pulled into Yoongi's lap, and the grey haired boy's fingers were tangled in his hair. Jimin sighed, the action reminding him of all the times Seokjin had done the same thing to comfort him.

       Jimin was almost asleep again when there was a hesitant knock on the door, and Yoongi removed him from his lap gently and got up. Jimin's eyes followed him to the door, and saw that Taehyung was standing in the hallway scratching his neck awkwardly. Hoseok was behind him with a smile on his face. Jimin wanted to punch him.

      "Jimin, can we talk to you?" Taehyung asked, peeking his head inside the door. Jimin sat up on the couch and wrapped the blanket around him protectively.