twenty five

well, guys, off to florida, see you in ten days

       Jimin was sitting on his bed, dictionary in his lap when Taehyung busted through the door, hardly giving it time to open fully before squeezing himself through. Taehyung flopped down on Jimin's bed and looked over at the dictionary, fingering the pages with a smirk on his face.

       "Some light reading?" Taehyung questioned, dropping the dictionary back onto the bed and leaning back on his hands. Jimin laughed hollowly and flicked his gaze up to Taehyung briefly before looking back down.

       "Seokjin hyung told me that the Council might let me talk again. This time just like, face to face so I can try to explain my side of the story. I'm trying to find something other to say than 'I really didn't know this would happen when I started out and I didn't mean to put anyone in danger I'm very sorry.' So," Jimin coughed and brought his notebook up in front of his face.

        "How does this sound, 'Sirs and Misses, I was unaware of the the of potential dangers of the situation when I began this excursion. My sincerest apologies to anyone in which I may have put in danger or altered the lives of during my endeavor. Please take these points into consideration when thinking about the finality of the situation.' So, yes? No?"

       "You lost me at 'and Misses,'" Taehyung said. Jimin sighed and pushed the dictionary and his notebook off the bed. Taehyung dug around in one of the bags he'd brought and pulled out a tubber ware box of food. "I brought breakfast."

       "Breakfast? Taehyung those are egg rolls." Jimin said, but he picked one of them up anyway and shoved all of it in his mouth. Jimin hadn't eaten since the last time he was in the cafe with Taehyung, and even then he'd only had a few bites of chicken.

"Yeah, and? Eggs are a breakfast food." Taehyung said. Then he pulled the box of egg rolls towards himself. "If you're going to be picky then I'll just eat them all myself."

"No, Tae, please. I love you. But just so you know, egg rolls don't actually have eggs in them." Jimin said, reaching for the egg rolls. Taehyung laughed and pushed them back in the middle of the bed before leaning over and picking up Jimin's notebook. He read over it again and shook his head before dropping it back onto the floor. "Don't even sweat it, Jimin. You didn't do anything wrong."

"I did, though. I totally fucked up." Jimin said, then he winced at himself. Before going to the mortal world he never cursed, and now he swore like a sailor. He blamed Yoongi. "I hardly did anything to help the mission, I was there for three months and the only thing I achieved was getting Hoseok to admit to me that he loves Yoongi. It was a total failure."

"Okay, but you still didn't put anyone in danger. I don't know where they're getting that." Taehyung said, pushing another egg roll into his mouth. Jimin shrugged and leant back against his headboard, twiddling his thumbs. "So when's your next hearing?"

"If they give it to me, later today. Are you having one?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "You know, because you failed your mission too, right? When you kissed Hoseok?"

Taehyung swallowed and shook his head. He licked his fingers before answering Jimin. "Nah, I wasn't there on an official mission. I'm in the clear." Taehyung said around his thumb.

Jimin groaned and beat his head back against the headboard. "Of course you are. You're always in the clear." He muttered. Taehyung sighed and looked at him, looked at the dark circles under Jimin's eyes and the sallow color of his skin.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" Jimin shook his head. "The night before?"

"Hardly. I was too nervous. Yesterday I was just cold. They didn't give me back– well, you know." Jimin said, looking down at the covers and picking off some of the crumbs from the egg rolls. Normally he hated when people ate in his bed, but this time around he couldn't really bring himself to care.