twenty one

so i got tagged in a "draft tag" thing, which is basically screenshotting your drafts and putting them up,,,, would you guys be interested to see my brain bc i won't annoy you guys if you aren't curious

also, guys, i just wrote the last chapter for this book ...

       Everything was exactly the same. Same bright colors and same people milling around as there were before. Jimin looked around, half expecting Jungkook to come out of nowhere and trample him, but he was thankful for the lack of fairy attached to him just yet. Jimin sort of expected something to be a little different, it's been three months since he'd been home, but nothing had changed. Not even the old pixie that Jimin's pretty sure was asleep on the ground next to the front gates when he left.

       Seokjin led back to his room, his room that opened when it sensed him instead of Jimin having to remember a key. Jimin reached into his pocket and pulled out his apartment key anyway, the apartment key he didn't really need anymore. Maybe he should just toss it out. Jimin shoved it back into his pocket.

       "You look extremely less happy than I'd thought you'd be." Seokjin said as Jimin waited for his door to open. Hopefully it remembered him.

       Jimin shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I've just gotten used to the mortal world. I'll be fine in a few hours." Seokjin nodded and let Jimin escape into his room.

Jimin looked around at all of the stuff thrown about, all of the pictures and video games and things he thought were so important that now held little to no meaning to him. He flopped onto the bed and fell asleep almost immediately, the comfort of his own bed temporarily distracting him from the pain in his chest.

       He woke up with a pain in his back so intense that he felt like he was going to die. Jimin scrambled off the bed, clawing at his back and choking on his sobs. He ran to his mirror, turning around hurriedly to see two small wings making their way out of his shoulder blades.

       Jimin dropped to the ground, his knees hitting the floor. He rested his forehead on the ground, taking on the position of someone doing a full now as he gripped the carpet and tensed his shoulders as his wings ripped through the muscles in his back and tore through his shirt.

       Seokjin must have heard him biting back screams, for his door practically flew open and Seokjin ran into the room, abruptly falling onto the ground next to Jimin. Jimin shuddered when Seokjin's hand met his tender skin, and he bit his lip to keep from yelling out.

       "It hurts, what the fu–" Jimin was cut off by a wave of intense pain racking through his body, and he had a fleeting moment of sympathy for all the late bloomers, the kids who got their wings when they went through puberty rather than being born with them. This fucking sucked.

       "Don't worry, it's almost over." Seokjin said, prodding one of the wings with his finger. Jimin hissed in pain and scooted away from him, the movement making his torn shirt fall away from his body. He stilled, teary eyes flying open because there were definitely some bruises on chest and probably on his hips too, little dots serving as a reminder that Yoongi liked him, and he liked Yoongi and Jimin had left him behind.

       Jimin kept his face to the floor, even when the stabbing pain had subsided into a dull ache. He could feel Seokjin's scrutinizing gaze on him, on his hips, and Jimin shifted uncomfortably under his stare.

       "Well, okay then." Seokjin said. He stood up and brushed off his pants, his voice tight in his throat. "I'm just going to go. Your parents are waiting for you, by the way. Whenever you're ready."