twenty eight

did anyone connect the scene of yoongi scraping the icing off his cupcake to the fact that jimin only ever ate the top and yoongi would always finish off the cake part for him

also, vmin or jihope i have fics prepared

       Jimin had to run from the library to Seokjin's office after realizing he'd been goner for nearly an hour. Most of that time had been spent with him trying to find his way around the library, but even at that he'd only spent thirty minutes amongst the old books and even older pixie librarians. After that he'd run back to his room and then sprinted back to Seokjin's office.

       "Oh, Jimin, you're back." Seokjin said without looking up when Jimin stormed into the room. He was panting and he had his hands on his knees, but he waved anyhow. "What took you so long?"

       "Got," Jimin wheezed. God, when did he get so out of shape? Maybe it was all that cupcake icing he'd eaten in the mortal world. "Got lost, you know, as you do."

       "Got lost in a place you've lived your entire life. Very believable. Is Yoongi okay?" Seokjin asked. He was still looking at the papers on his desk and Jimin stood to attention, his eyes wide. Seokjin laughed and looked up from the paper he was writing on. "What, you think I didn't know? Why else would I show you that little trick of mine?"

Jimin just stood with his mouth open and looked at him, and Seokjin grinned at him cheekily. "He's good," Jimin eventually spit out. "I mean, I think so? I don't really know. He's upset that I haven't called him but I don't really have a phone or anything. But um, thanks for letting me see him, I guess."

"No problem, Jimin. I figured you needed a little bit of closure. Now, can you organize these files for me?" Seokjin pushed some of the files to edge of the desk. "They go in that cabinet over there, sorry if it's kind of a mess, I haven't cleaned it in a while."

Jimin nodded and walked over to the filing cabinets, and upon pulling one open the entire thing shook and burst open, sending file folders and papers flying everywhere. Jimin looked down at the papers scattered about the floor dubiously, and Seokjin looked up from his work nonchalantly. "Maybe you could organize that too, if you want."

"No problem, hyung." Jimin said sadly as he stared at the papers littering the floor. He already wanted to quit a job he had no choice in having. Jimin scooped up the papers one by one and started putting them back in their files, and with each paper put away another seemed to appear out of thin air. "I hate my life."

Eventually Jimin got everything squared away, the files organized and the cabinet to a point where it wouldn't explode of you opened it. It had taken him nearly all day, and he'd skipped his lunch break seeing as he was trapped in a sea of pink papers when it rolled around. Seokjin had offered to buy him dinner, and the rest of their group tagged along to the cafe. They all crammed themselves into one booth, Jungkook having to practically sit in Taehyung's lap to fit. Neither one of them seemed to mind.

"I feel like a fifth wheel." Jimin muttered to himself. Seokjin pouted and pulled him over to his side of the table. "What are you-"

"Did you open that file I gave you, by any chance? Just wanted to make sure you were okay." Seokjin whispered, cutting him off. Jimin nodded and looked down at his hands. He was hoping Seokjin wouldn't bring it up. He didn't want to talk about it. "Jimin, seriously, are you okay? Have you talked to your parents?"

"No, hyung I'm fine, seriously. My parents don't care." Jimin said, even though some of it was a lie. His parents definitely did care, they were just choosing to ignore it. Jimin had said it a little louder than he'd intended, dragging some attention from the two boys across the table and the one sitting on the other side of Seokjin. Jungkook raised an eyebrow and looked between Jimin and Taehyung, searching for an answer. "It's no big deal, Kook, don't worry about it. Just your hyung messing things up, per usual."