001

*all rights go to Cassandra Clare and the TV show's producer and editors. The only thing that's mine is Everest and his plot line*
__________

Everest watched his sister walk into  the Café, looking crushed. "Give me the professor's names and I will end them." Clary gave Simon a look of disbelief because God knows that Simon is Simon, a too sweet, too nerdy and good-hearted boy to ever considered to make those kinds of choices. "You know with...with a scathing e-mail to the Dean." Everest laughed lowly looking at Simon. 

But even though that was he was thought as, a boy who couldn't turn to violence, Simon was a boy who would do anything for the girl he loves. Simon looked at him with a face a betrayal but Everest shrugged his shoulders and went back to his book as Clary sat down.

"Don't bother" she sighed. Everest stopped what he was doing and looked up at her. He felt that it would be rude to not focus his attention on Clary. He didn't want her to get the idea that he doesn't care because all he ever does is care. Care for his sister and mother and everyone he loves including Simon. Clary passed Simon the letter but Everest took it away making Simon groan in annoyance. Clary smiled because her two boys always had a love-hate relationship that she found adorable.

Simon leans over Everest's shoulder, reading it too. The dark haired fray scoff. "What" he looked up at Clary before putting down the letter giving her a big smile that always finds its way on the boy's face. The Lewis boy smiles. "Sad face? Really?" Clary laughs. "Well played sister" he raised his fist and fist pumped her along with Simon. "Thank you." she spoke before continuing. "Know, it's weird" Everest looked at her confused. "What do you mean," he asked. "They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings of our graphic novel," she said. "You're welcome," Simon said giving her a cheeky smile.

"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had," Clary says making Everest chuckle. "Well considering you only have one, I guess, which is why we are celebrating it tonight," Everest said putting his elbows on the table. "Yes, with Maureen, after our show"

"Absolutely," she said.

"So...what's the deal with you and Maureen," Clary said catching Everest attention. "Wait, you're telling me that our dear geek friend has a thing with an actual girl" Everest joked smirking before patting Simon on the back. "Way to go, Lewis" Simon jumped back, glared at his best friend's brother while rubbed his shoulder from the hard pat.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together" Clary tilted her head slightly looking at Simon weirdly, eyebrows frown. "You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time"

"What? No. No" He denied.

"Simon, how can someone as smart and perceptive as you, not realize that the person sitting right there is in love with you?" Clary said as Everest took a drink from his latte. "I guarantee you I'm not the only smart, perceptive person to make that mistake" he fired back making Everest almost chock on his drink.

Everest always knew about Simon's crush on his little sister. He also knew that Clary only saw him as another brother which in Everest opinion sucks. "At least you called her smart" the dark haired mumbled making Simon roll his eyes at him.

Clary looked down at her Latte and her notepad. "That's a latte," Simon said sarcastically. "But I could have sworn I had a biscotti," she said making Everest raise an eyebrow. "Maybe you ate it really fast and didn't even notice" he suggested.