015

A/N : SORRY  SORRY SORRY I haven't updated in like a million years. BUT I'm back. I have just been really busy with school and shit. THEY GAVE ME AN 8TH PERIOD WTF, when I come home from school I'm usually really tired and have a lot of HW especially Chemistry packets. I hate chem.

SO ANYWAYS MY CHILDREN HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER, ILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE. I LOVE YOU GUYS IF YOU'RE STILL OUT THERE. 

give it a vote if you read this

_______________

Everest watched from a far as Alec picked up an arrow, Izzy walking over to him. Everest bit his lip because if he swung Isabelle's way, he would totally love to take her out but he swung Alec's way and he wouldn't change that because damn. He had to admit that brooding Alec was hot but he loved to see him smile, he had a beautiful smile that Everest was coming to love. He watched from afar as they talked, he was too far to hear what they were talking about  but he noticed it was something, Alec didn't like because of the scowl on his face.  

"Valentine is alive and actively seeking the cup. He threatens our entire world. And we're helping his children. Who, by the way, we have no reason to trust. And who showed up out of nowhere. On top of that, we're gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may or may not have information we need. So, no, Izzy... I don't find it interesting." Alec ranted on as Izzy listened from her stop next to the weapons. "Whoa," she said walking over. "Feel better now?" Alec put an arrow down. "No, I don't," he said putting on his quiver. "Okay, maybe a little," he said, a smile on his face. 

Everest smiled fondly at how they could be arguing one moment but be okay the next. 

"You can't keep bottling things up, Alec," she said. "It's only a matter of time before they explode. And not the fun kind of explode." He looked at her weirdly. "All right, let's go," he said walking away. "And we're not going for the music"  

"Alec" she called making him turn around. "You seem to trust him" Alec made a face of confusion. "What," he asked. "You said we have no reason to trust Everest and Clary but for some unknown reason, you seem to trust Everest" she explained with a knowing smirk on her face before walking away. Alec looked at her retreating figure before making eye contact with Everest from across the room. Everest gave him a smile before turning to leave, leaving Alec to think, Why the hell does he trust him so much?

                                                                                                ***

"All clear" Alec said. Isabelle came up from behind. "Do you think red's my color?" she asked. "Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color" Clary commented. Everest laughed, swinging an arm around Izzy. "You look great, Izzy" he complimented making Izzy smile. "Good point," she said. "Damn, I make this necklace look so good" Everest smiled. "Will you take it off?" Alec asked. "I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Izzy smiled. "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Everest laughed. "Can you just give it to Jace?" Alec said glancing at Everest for half a second when he heard him laugh. Isabelle giggled. "You're such a buzzkill," she said taking the necklace off before giving  Jace the necklace.

Everest looked around at all the dancing figures and flashing lights as they walked in. "Blend in but keep your weapons ready," Jace said over the loud music as both Frays and he walked up to him. "Magnus" Jace shouted making him look over. He stood up and walked over to them. "Clary and Everest Fairchild. You've both grown into very beautiful people" He said trailing his eyes overs Everest's figure before making eye contact. "Magnus Bane. So you're the one who stole our memories."  Clary said bringing her A game face on, something she does in situations as serious as this. "At your mother's request. She knew the risk" He said tearing his eyes from Everest. "Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter" he said. Jace sighed in frustration at not being addressed properly before taking out the Ruby necklace and swung it in the air, holding onto only the chain. Magnus went to grab it but Jace had pulled back making the warlock roll his eyes. "Give Clary and Everest back their memories, and you get the jewelry," he said. 

"I have to confirm it's authenticity," Magnus said motioning for the necklace. Jace handed it to him with displeasure. Everest looked around the room and Magnus checked the necklace. He soon found Alec, making eye contact with him. Everest nodded his way before turning back. "Amor verus numquam moritur," he said catching Everest attention. "True love cannot die," he said. Magnus looked at him in surprise while Clary looked at him in confusion. "Since when do you speak a language other than English and Spanish?" she asked. Everest stared at the necklace in Magnus' hands. "I don't know," he said. "Now, it's your turn to pay up," Everest said. "I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them" Clary looked stunned. "What, where are they?" she asked. "I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping," he said.

"And why the hell would you do that" Jace asked.

"To protect Everest and Clary and The Cup," he said

"If Valentine ever captures me, he could torture Everest and Clary's memories out of me, just like he tortured Dot" Everest looked up at him. "Tortured?" both he and Clary said at the same time. He was too busy with the fact that his best friend was tortured by their father to even remember their little game. "Wait, is Dot okay," Clary asked and the face Magnus said, he already knew. Everest took a step back, grieve for his friend filling him up. He held himself together because right now wasn't the time or place. "You don't know? Dot is dead" he said making Everest close his eyes tightly. "What," Clary said. "How do you know?" she asked. 

"I can't feel her magic anymore," he said "Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother" Everest looked to the side not being able to see the heartbreak in her eyes because Clary loved her too. "Oh, my God," she said softly. "Come with me, Clary, Everest. My lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could" He said making Jace scoff. "No, we're not going anywhere with you" she exclaimed. "Don't be a fool. Your mother would want you to live," he said. "Then help me get our memories back from whatever demon you gave them to," Clary said with just as much strength in her voice. "Valentine is hunting both you and Everest, too," Magnus said. "And every moment we're outside my lair's protection is a moment Valentine gets closer to finding us," Everest watched as he made a portal just like Dot had done. he held his hands out to both of them. "Come with me," he said. Everest looked at him. "I won't offer again," he said. "No", "No," they said. 

"No, I won't hide from my problems and neither should you," Clary said. "Look out," a woman said before an arrow flew by Everest hitting what seems to be one of Valentine's people. Everest looked back to see Alec walking towards them. Jace took out his blade just in case there were more. Alec walked past them, picking up the dagger from the body as he flipped it into the air before confidently catching it. He walked over to Everest in long strides, tucking it into his pocket. "Are you okay?" he asked. Everest nodded while Magnus stood in the back watching their interaction before walking towards the portal. "Magnus, wait," she said running towards him. "You're my only hope," she said. "Valentine found us, I warned your mother this might happen," he said before disappearing. "Wait," she said. Everest walked over to her as she stared at the button in her hand. "It's okay, we'll found something," he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. 

____________________

AND THATS IT FOR TODAY FOLKS, COME BACK SOON

Its a four day weekend, I'll try to update

•|Carla|•