031

Everest didn't feel comfortable going to the one person he disliked so much. But Alec had gone to the Claves side along side his new fiancé and there wasn't much option. He didn't feel like talking about it with anyone but he does feel grateful that Izzy gave him the option to talk to her when ever he needed to. 

He shouldn't feel like this. Alec wasn't his. He never was and from the looks of it, never will be. But even if Alec wasn't his, he felt that there was still a part of him that just sort of just thought of Alec as his. He thought that something was developing between the two and maybe there was but with a wedding on its way, that something turned into nothing. 

It hurt like hell but when your father is trying to take over the world and kill many innocent downworlders, there wasn't much time to let your emotions set in. Everything that had happened in such a sort amount of time and it all goes too fast. It's hard to stop and think for yourself when your being dragged to a next mission or something. Maybe that was a good thing now but later on, the emotions would be too big to handle. So big that it would just drown you all at once. 

Maybe he should talk to Isabelle. 

If there was time. 

But a small part of him knew what Alec was doing was for his family. Everything he ever does is for his family. Everest wants to understand, wants to let the distress go but he doesn't think he can. It's the fight between the mind and the heart at this point. 

Everest can't let go.

But maybe its time to listens to his mind. Going with your heart, in this world, only gets you in trouble. 

Everest took a deep breath, trying to relieve the weight on his chest. 

"Have you lost your mind," Raphael spoke turning towards them. 

Everest crossed his arms. "Not yet," Everest mumbled. Raphael doesn't seem too happy about this but if it were up to Everest, he wouldn't even be standing in front of him. 

"Two shadowhunters and a werewolf? You do know this isn't a hotel," Raphael continued. Everest looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Is he serious?

"Technically, it is," Simon concluded. 

Raphael glared at him. "Even starvation can't shut you up."

Everest stepped up. "Watch it," he snapped. He didn't like the way he was talking to Simon. He'll be damned if he lets Raphael talk to Simon like that. 

Raphael looked at him with a raised eyebrow, daring him to have at him but Everest was smarter than that. His first choice wasn't violence. "Look," Clary started. "We just need a place secure until we can figure out our plan."

"These people never listen," Luke spoke up. "Don't bother, let's just go."

"You should put a leash on your mutt," Raphael sneered. 

Everest stepped up again. He glared at Raphael, having full intentions of saying something back. But he didn't due to the fact that if he did, he would have ruined any chance of this man helping them.

Raphael crooked his head to the side, waiting for him to say something. Almost as if taunting him. But Everest didn't let it get to him, not now.