018

IM BACK YAYY.

HAPPY NEW YEARS. 2017 BETTER BE GREAT BECAUSE 2016 SUCKED SO BAD

ON WITH THE STORY

_________________________________________

"The demon's name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's and Everest's memories." Magnus glanced around the room. "What do you mean, what kind of payment," Jace asked for behind Everest making Clary look back at him. They connected glances before Clary looked back. "We'll see" Magnus said glancing at him, the soft tone of voice in a situation like this one made Everest shiver in fear. Everest was afraid, he didn't know what could happen or if this circle would be strong enough to hold the demon. Demon, they were summoning a demon. It was something Everest didn't like to mess with but now he was a creation meant to kill them and he knew he couldn't escape that. "Let us begin" He said looking at both Clary and Everest. Everest looked at Clary and he could see that she was also afraid. He gripped her hand tightly, reassuring her that it's going to be okay. He might not think that but having Clary think it might put her mind at ease. She gripped back as Magnus started to speak in Chthonian. Everest made eye contact with Alec. Alec couldn't see the nervousness he was feeling through his facial expression but he could see it in his eyes. Everest looked down, unknowingly gripping Alec's hand tighter making Alec, for reasons unknown to himself, grip back.

Magnus stopped chanting and at that very moment Izzy spoke up. "The necklace, it's pulsing". Everest looked up at her, seeing the red glare of the necklace. There was a moment of silence before Everest felt a strong pull almost as if, the force was trying to break the circle. Everest looked up, gripping Clary's and Alec's hand tight enough that he was sure he won't break away as he watched a black smoke enter the circle, creating strong winds. Everest stared at it wide-eyed. "Valak is among us. Don't break the bond" Magnus shouted over the demon's growls. Everest felt Clary's hand slipping. "Clary, hold on" he shouted as the wind blew at him. "I'm trying" she shouted looking at him in fear. "It is time, the demon demands payment" Magnus informed them. "What does it want," Alec asked. "We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most" Magnus said.

First it was Izzy, an image of Alec appeared in the dark smoke. Then it was Clary, an image of both Everest and their mother, laughing together as Jocelyn pulled him into a hug. Then it was Everest, feeling as something was being ripped out of him, it was painless but it left him breathless, there in the shadow was his mother and Clary as he hugged them closely. He stared at the image, eyes burning. He missed her, so much. Almost as much as he loved her but he knew nothing could compare to the love he has for her before it flickers, an image of Alec, bow in hand, a smile on his face. Everest stared at it in disbelief, not meeting the eyes of those around him.  Then, it was Alec. The image of Jace appeared making Everest heart sink. Of course, it was Jace. It wasn't a surprise but it did wash away the hope he had. Alec looked at it, in disbelieve. Everest looked at him. He didn't even know it, he didn't know why every time Alec looked at Jace, that it was love and that broke Everest even more. But then, Everest showed up. It was the night in his room. Everest shirt was stain with black temporary hair dye as he looked at Alec through the mirror. Everest looked at him, startled. His breath was taken away. Everest was confused, his mind spinning too fast for him to comprehend.

"No, it's not true! The demon deceived me!" Alec shouted.

( gayness never lies, Alec. Don't be such a prude, you're offending him)

"Do not break the bond" Magnus shouted. "Alec, it's okay" Izzy shouted trying to reassure Alec but it didn't help. "Alec, don't let go" Everest shouted as he held Alec's hand tighter as he pulled. "No" Everest shouted as Alec broke away. Than, Everest and the others were pushed back. The bond was broken meaning there was nothing holding the demon back as it spiraled out of control. Everest fell to the floor next to Clary as Jace ran over to her, pulling her away. Magnus trying to keep the demon at bay with his magic but he was struggling. "I cannot contain the demon much longer" Everest looked towards Alec seeing him getting up. "No" Everest shouted as stood on his feet, pushing Alec away. With Everest back towards the demon, it was able to get a hold of him, making him groan at the grip on his upper body. He was in the air, struggling to get out but he couldn't. "Everest" Clary screamed. Isabelle was the first to react as she held a hand out, which Everest gripped onto as the demon pulled at him. It was painful because it felt as if he was on fire. The scorching fire licking at his skin, the sensation was there but his skin was perfectly fine. His breath was being knocked out of him as he groaned, holding on to Izzy.

"Grab him" She shouted at Alec, who was the closest. Jace was in the back with Clary, protecting her. Alec grabbed onto his other arm. "Hold on" he shouted. "The demon is growing stronger" Magnus shouted. "He's slipping," Alec said making Jace advance, holding the same arm Izzy was. "Clary, help us" Izzy shouted making her take out the seraph blade. "Clary, if you kill the demon, your memories will be lost forever," Magnus said. "He's my brother, there is no second choice" she shouted as she ran forward, embedding the blade into the demon. The demon screeched as its grip on Everest loosened making them fall to the ground as it disappeared. Izzy and Alec on each side of him, Jace in between. Everest wasn't moving and it scared Clary. "Everest, oh my god," Clary said kneeling next to him. "Everest, get up," Alec said. He didn't move which made Alec worry. "Is he gonna be alright?" Clary asked. "He's strong" Magnus responded.

"Everest," Alec said. "No" Clary whispered. Jace running a hand through his hair. Everest suddenly jumped up on his knees, coughing and gasping making everyone jump back. "Shit" he groaned, holding his chest. He looked around, face red as he breathed heavily in and out. Everything was distorted, his vision was just starting to clear up. "I'm good, I'm good" he breathed. "Just getting my second wind," he said. Alec walked away, making Magnus follow.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Alec," Magnus said. "I don't know what you're talking about" he responded. Clary and Jace helped Everest up, who was too weak to walk on his own. If it were a trained shadowhunter like Alec and Jace in his position, Everest would be sure, they would recover quickly but he needed time. It felt like the strength was being sucked out of him.

"You will," Magnus said before walking away.

"Thank god, you're okay. For a second there, I thought I lost you." Everest laughed lightly which then turned into coughing as his lungs still needed time to recover.

Isabelle had walked up to Alec, only for Alec to look at her and walk away.

***

Everest was sitting up on the bed, looking through his sketchbook, which he now had time to look back to all the drawings he created over the past year. It was his most recent one, all the others were at Simon's house, seeing as Simon had a nice hiding place where he let Everest keep 6 years worth of drawings in a total of 8 sketchbooks. 

Everest sighed. There was too much to comprehend. Alec, to him, was the most confusing person he had ever meet. The dark haired boy made his heart beat fast, made him long to be close to him. Everest knew what he wanted but he knows the highly trained shadowhunter he liked, kept second-guessing. Alec was just as confused about his feelings as Everest was about the archer. Everest was gonna unravel him, make Alec Lightwood less of a confusing beauty. Either he successes or he crashes and burns while doing so.     

______________________________________________

THAT IS ALL FOR TODAY, HOPE YOU LIKE IT. 

PLEASE COMMENT, I LOVE SEEING YOU GUYS COMMENT STUFF, IT MAKES ME HAPPY. 

|Carla|