038

____________________________________

Everest offered Clary a smile, a arm placed around her shoulders as she lend into him. He rubbed her arm as a sign of comfort.

Michael had came out breaking them apart. "The transfusion helped. He's much better," he explained. "He's gonna want to see you."

Clary went to walk away but Michael stopped her. "But, uh, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course," Clary responded.

Michael sat down but Clary made no move. Everest walked so he was next to her. "I feel as if I know you," he said to the siblings. "You two are so much like your mother. Youre fearless, and loving and you got a mind of your own, Clary. Everest seems more a protective, loving and has a leaders feel when he walks into a room. So much like your mother. A little stubborn, perhaps?" He asked looking at the two.

"We should probably work on that," Clary said looking at her brother. He shook his head with a smile on his face.  Clary walked over.

"Maybe not. It served Jocelyn well. She hid you from Valentine long enough for you two to grow up without him poisoning your mind," Michael responded.

"It was complicated," Everest stepped in. "The way we grew up but we know she loved us, whatever else."

"There was no whatever else for her. I knew she was carrying you when she goes from Valentine with Everest at her hip." Everest looked at him with confusion. "But I never told him. No matter how much he tormented me."

Clary sat down in the chair with Everest hovering over. "Valentine thought my mother was dead. Why would he ask about her?" Clary questioned.

"Because he never gave up hope," Michael said. "Would it help if you knew how much he loved her? And he would have loved you two."

Everest didn't like the vibe this man had or how he takes about his mother and Valentine so personally. "He's fierce in his love."

"Because he was so twisted," Clary agrued. "He's a mass murder and now he has her somewhere.

"I swear, I will help you find your mother. I saw and heard a great deal while I was a prisoner," Michael said looking up at Everest and back at Clary.  "Maybe that's my destiny. To bring your family and mine together."

Everest stared at him. His gut feeling are never wrong.

"Go see Jace," he said.

Everest put a hand on Clary's shoulder making her look up at him. "I'm gonna go get so fresh air," he said softly.

She sighed before nodding.

__

"But why would Valentine tell a prisoner what he was planning to do?" Clary asked. Both Luke and Clary sitting on one side of the table while Jace and Michael sat on the other. Everest stood at the end of the table between Clary and Jace.

"He didn't. Well, not directly. But he gave me a way to learn all about his plans," Michael responded.

On the run with the cup at hand, there are so little people you can trust. From what Everest had learn, even family can't be hurt you. While Everest was glad Jace had found his father, he could help but hesitate around the man.