007📌

《Favorite actor?》
_______________

The three stood in the training area. A man and a woman in the center, ready to fight. Jace stopped, crossing his arms. Everest and Clary stopped with him. "Who is that guy?" Everest asked staring at the fight in front of them. "Thats Hodge Starkweather, our weapons trainer and most important for us, a former Circle member"

The man clicked his blades together. "After the uprising, Hodge repented and he was sent to live and work here to make amends. But he's forbidden to ever leave the institute" Everest nodded, his way of telling Jace that he's processing the information given to him.

He moves quick, raising his blades and cutting the staff in front of him. The woman looked at him in awe, picking up the pieces and walking away. They walked forward. The man looked at Clary in shock. "Jocelyn" he mumbled.

 Clary looked at Jace than back at Hodge. "Uh, I'm Clary. Uh, Jocelyn Fray is our mother" Clary said looking up at Everest. Hodge looked at Everest, just noticing him. He looked at him as shocked as he did Clary. "Everest" he spoke.

"Well, she was Jocelyn Fairchild when I knew her." Clary gasps. Hodge still staring at her and sometimes at Everest. "And she was one of my best friends."

Everest felt how uncomfortable Clary is. "She's been kidnapped," Everest said getting straight to the point. "By someone names Valentine and his men"

Jace cut in. "By the circle, Hodge" Hodge looked at Jace in disbelief. "But that's impossible. Valentine's dead and the Circle died with him" The rune on his neck started to burn red. He chocked, holding in the pain it seems to cause. "What's happening," Clary asked. "I swore a vow never to speck of what we did. This is the Clave way of making sure I keep that vow" he explained.

"We can't torture him, Jace," Clary said turning towards him. "Is there anyone else we can ask?"

"If the circle really is back... and they've taken Jocelyn...Our leader... Our leader of the circle was Valentine Morgenstern" the rune burned bright and he shuddered. "We thought he wanted to protect humans, like all Shadowhunters. But we never realized the lengths which Valentine was willing to go, the people he was willing to sacrifice. Most of humanity would die if we carried out Valentine's Plan"

"But I... I still don't understand. How does our mother relate to any of this?" Everest asked. "Hodge looked at him. "Jocelyn was a member of the Circle as well" Everest stared at him in shock, wide eyes, heart racing. His calm exterior shattered at the thought of his mother being apart of a possible genocide mission. "I..." Everest tried to speak but his mind couldn't keep up with his emotions causing them to overwhelm him. 

"No, I can't believe it. Our mother, she..." Clary said. Jace looked just a surprise.

 "The important thing is that Jocelyn left the Circle and so none of this even matters because Valentine died in a fire years ago." The rune burned at this time, Hodge couldn't handle the pain. "Hodge. Hodge" Jace said racing forward. Everest stepped up and helped him stand. 

"I'm sorry, but we can't ask you to do this" Everest said looking distraught.

"Everest, Clary, we don't have a choice," he said looking at Clary, who's eyes were tearing up. "You understand that Hodge, right" Hodge looked up. 

"Jace... is right. Valentine nearly destroyed the Shadow World and humanity along with it. If he'd gotten the Cup..."

"Wait a minute. Our mother told us she hid something from someone." Everest caught on. "If it's this Cup..." She said.

 Jace cut in. "Clary, the Mortal Cup is the most important object in the Shadow World. Whoever possesses it can create more Shadowhunters"

"And in the wrong hands, Control Demons" Everest stared at him in complete horror, Clary sharing the same expression. "If Jocelyn hid the cup from Valentine than she's in more danger than you can possibly imagine." He shouted in pain falling to the ground. Everest stared at him in shock. He couldn't handle this. He didn't know what to do. Jace bent over him. "Hodge"

"I hate to make you suffer like this" Clary said tears threaten to fall. "I'm so sorry" he whispered. "Your mother was only trying to protect you both and now you must protect her"

"Always," Everest mumbled.

"Stop Valentine... before he destroys us all" Clary eyes widen and she ran away. Everest right behind her. "Clary, Everest, will you just calm down?" He grabbed Clary's arm. Everest reflex took over, he grabbed Jace hand, twisting it, making him release Clary. He let go of him before rubbing his temples. Jace stared at him in shock. "Calm down? Really, Calm down? Okay, Jace, you might be some kind of emotionless G.I joe, but..."

"What is a G.I Joe" he interrupted.

"A soldier who doesn't understand human emotions; who doesn't know what's it's like to lose someone, to lose your own mother" she responds. Jace crossed his arms, looking at her. "You're right. I never knew my mother" Everest looked up at the statement. "I didn't know"

"That's precisely my point. You don't know anything about this. You don't know about me, you don't know about my life but in the Shadow World, no training and no plan gets you killed." He explained. Clary sighed, turning around and walked around, leaning against a wall. "Okay, so we know that Valentine is back and wants the Mortal Cup, and for some reason, he thinks our mother has it"

"Could she?" Jace asked. "Have the Cup?"

"We don't know" Everest responded showing how worked out and stressful he is. "Look, you know about runes. You're both drawn them. You... you know something. Think, please" Jace said stepping closer. "We've tried, Jace, okay? It's just this empty blackness" Everest respond rubbing his face with both hands as if all the tiredness would rub off.

"You're memories been wiped," he said. Everest turned towards him in disbelief.

 "That's not possible," Clary said. Everest rolled his eyes at that. "Face it, in this world almost anything is possible, Clary" Everest spoke softly towards her. She turned. "Is it?" she asked Jace.

"Absolutely... if you're a warlock," Jace said. "a warlock?"

"Yeah, a warlock, Clary. Immortal beings, they're half-demon, half human sometimes their fingers spark"

Everest looked up at him, remembering something. "Dot" Clary beat him to it. "Our mother's assistant, her hands had this purple glow when she opened the wall and our mom pushed us through it and we ended up at the police station" Clary explained

"That was a portal, Dot must have been a warlock, only warlocks can create them," Jace said. "Wait, so you're saying If we find the real Dot, she can help us find the Cup and get our mother back" Everest concluded. Jace shrugged. "Unless she's working for Valentine" Everest stood up straight, looking between Jace and his sister.

"Even better, she'll lead us right to it," Everest said. Jace looked at him puzzled.

"Where's Simon" Clary asked walking away.
____________

I updated yay. I'm writing another part as you read this and I'll update it Idk when. Lots to do this weekend, but don't mistaken that as me having a life because I don't. Nor do I want one.

Love you all, bye

《Carla》