040

40th chapter omgg

_____________

Everest hadn't say anything since Valentine had escaped them. He sat down next to Clary holding his mother's hand tightly in his.

He didn't know what to say or what to feel. His mother wasn't waking up and Jace could be his twin brother. But Valentine lies so he didn't know whether to believe it or not.

Alec stood infront of him, a few feet away but all Everest was thinking about was his mother and his could be twin brother standing in the same room as him. So for the first time since he met Alec, there wasn't enough room for Everest to even think about him. He just needed his mother right now.

He listened as they agrued but didn't say anything more on the side that he didn't even have the energy to. He didn't have the strength right now to deal with it. He just doesn't.

"Now, I'm gonna go tell my sister that she still has a future," Alec said before walking away.

Everest sighed because he knew that what Alec had said to him had suggested that Isabelle was more his sister than Jace's because they were blood. Whether Alec knew it hurt Jace or not, Everest knew it did as Jace stood there for a second before walking over.

Everest looked at him before sighing.

"Do you think she can hear us? Where is she?" Clary asked. "Is she trapped in there? Is she somewhere else?"

"Clary," Everest sighed.

"I mean, I look at her and I see my mother but..." Clary started.

"How did you know," Jace asked looking at them. "That he was Valentine."

"Something was off about him. He mentioned having known that my mother was pregnant but he couldn't have," Everest responded.

"You should have told me," Jace said.

"Would you have believed us," Clary asked.

Jace sighed closing his eyes for a moment. "There's something wrong with me," Jace said.

"You wanted to believe him. I would have, too," Clary spoke.

"No," Jace agrued. "I'm weak. He was right about that. I should have killed him."

Everest looked down before sighing.

"He's your father, Jace," Clary stated making Everest look at her.

"Yours too," Jace agrued back looking at Clary before his eyes landed on Everest who stared back.

"You would have done it," Jace said before walking away.

Everest sighed before looking at Clary. "What am I supposed to do? That's my twin brother Clary. Or so Valentine says because I don't know what to believe. I don't know what to feel," Everest spoke softly.

Clary looked at him. "Everest," she said.

"I just. He's been staring me right in the face. Why didn't I realize that until now. Why did I have to find out through Valentine," Everest said.