041

__________________

Everest grunted as he punched the sandbag. Left, Right. Over and over again. 

He could feel his muscles flexing and the burning the punches are creating in them but if anything, it gave him a distraction because the amount of anger he was feeling was an anger that he shouldn't turn towards any person. So instead of facing the people around him. He separated his feet to balance himself with his hands in front of him and just kept punching.     

It was no miracle that the bones in his fist weren't

"Your stance is weak," Isabelle announced. Everest took a deep breathe as he turned towards her.

"Isabelle," he sighed.

"Your punches are good and strong but your stance is weak. Hold it again," she instructed.

Everest brought his fists in front of him as he widens his legs for more balance. Izzy scanned his form, pushing his legs wider and his arms higher before twisting his waist. "Now punch," she demanded.

He swung his fist forward putting his weight and his new found balance into it. He found that it was easier to punch than before. He grabbed the swung bag to a stop.  "Thank you," he said looking at Izzy.

Isabelle nodded looking at him. "What's wrong?" She asked. He looked at her but didn't make a move to respond knowing that she knew that answer to that. "Alec," she asked. He nodded.

"You should speak to him," Isabelle said.

"I already did, Iz. I basically gave him an ultimatum and practically told him I was in love with him," Everest explained making Izzy's eyes widen as she smiles.

"Oh my angel, "she exclaimed.

"Izzy, he's getting married," Everest reminded her.

She nodded. Her mood seems to have lowered a bit at the realization but she put on a small smile. "Are you coming to the wedding?" She asked carefully looking him over. She can see the stress all over his face. From his eyes to his shoulders and the overall way he held himself. 

Everest shook his head. "No, I don't think..." Everest drifted off.

Isabelle sighed. "I get you not wanting to go but you going might just be that push Alec needs," she said.

"Izzy, I doubt that. The dude already got his mindset," Everest argued.

"Just come, okay. If not for Alec, then for me," she pleaded.

Everest sighed. "I'll think about it, okay," he said.

Izzy gave him wide smile, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you, Ever," she spoke softly.

"If you do, just come by my room, I got just the suit for you," Isabelle said.

"Thanks, Izzy," he sighed. A smile plastered on his face at the thought of Isabelle being comfortable enough to give him a nickname. 

Alec didn't care about his own happiness so why should he care. He took his gloves off and with that thought, he left

Clary sighed walking to Magnus, Everest behind her. Jace sat down on one side of Magnus.