008📌

《What's your favorite place to go to?》
__________

"Is this the least revealing thing you have?" Clary asked. Everest nodded in agreement standing next to her as he fixed his collar, glancing at the rune on his neck every so often. He always wanted a tattoo but nothing like this. Guess he still got his wish, in a way.

"What" Isabelle scoff. "All the naughty bits are covered. A little too much in my opinion" Clary sighed crossing her arms, feeling uncomfortable. Everest noticed this and took the leather jacket he was wearing and put it over her shoulders. Clary looked up at him with a smile. He smiled back at her.

Isabelle watched the interaction with a wide smile, loving their sibling bond that was alike to hers in many ways.

"Where's Simon?" She asked. "Who?" Clary looked at her worried. Isabelle laughed. "Kidding, he's in good hands with the boys" she responded making Clary relax a bit. Simon was one of the most important people in her life. She loved him almost as much as she loved Everest. Like a brother.

She walked away, sitting on the bed. Everest and Clary turning towards her. "So, um...you, Alec and Jace are... What, like family!" She asked. Everest looked at her with a raised eyebrow, she shrugged at him. "Translation, you want to know if Jace and I are a thing" Everest shook his head. "I do not approve. Nope, too young. Way to young." He said only to get ignored by Clary and an eye roll by Izzy. "Why would I care," she said not very smoothly. "Because you do" Izzy responded.

Clary sighed. "Don't worry. In every way, he's like my brother, our parents took him in when Jace was ten. We trained together. Learned to fight side by side" she said.

"A few days ago, all I had to worry about was getting into set school and Everest going store to store trying to get the perfect sketch pencils," she said making Everest chuckle. "And now..."

"Is this the part where I give you both the pep talk about harnessing your inner shadowhunter and accepting your true destiny" Isabelle interrupted. Everest looked at her. "Was that the Pep talk?" he asked

"Basically."

"Clary, Everest" she walked up to them and brushed a hair out of Everest's face. He smiled softly at her. "Remember, you were born to do this." She glanced at Clary. "No matter what has happened... This is who you are." She said softly. That's what he likes about her, she was soft-spoken and gentle. She was a very light person in contrast to all the darkness this world can bring.

"Not exactly feeling that," Clary said. "Yet"

"Okay, but now we just have to find Dot," she said recollecting herself. "And track down and kill the most dangerous rouge shadowhunter in history before he kills us all" Isabelle said. Everest stared at her in disbelief. "You really know how to ruin a pep talk, don't you" Everest laughed. "Come on, let's go"

"Oh and Simon is kind of nerd-hot" she added. Everest stared at her in shock. "Way to go Simon" he whispered. Clary elbowed him in the ribs, giving him back the jacket. He glared at her as Isabelle giggled and walked away. 

***
"Let's get out of here, just you and me"

Izzy opened the weaponry. Jace walked over. "Whoa. No, Izzy" he said slapping her hand away.

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission" Alec walked in and stood next to Everest. "I don't approve of this mission," he said. Everest laughed making Alec look at him confused. Everest ran a hand through his hair and smiled at him.